What's new

Today's Bourbon

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thanksgiving pours. Jury is still out on the OF BS, I will revisit in a few weeks and see if it evolves.
I love OF. But I’ve felt the same way about nearly every pick I’ve grabbed. Compared to 1897, 1920, and the old square-ish single barrel bottles, they just haven’t lived up to the potential of what they could be....

I’m gonna keep trying them till I find the magic one that I know is possible. Then I’m gonna get a case.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
After finishing my Old Haymarket 120 proof blend (7 year Heaven Hill juice), I cracked the Single Barrel I picked up from the same go-round. I thought the blend was good, but the SiB (at 114 proof) blows it away. I'm only one pour in and I wish I had grabbed a second bottle. Damn.

Finished the night with a pour of Booker's Maw Maw Batch.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Newest purchase today, a store pick. At 127 proof I am not sure it will be strong enough, but I'll give her a whirl.

I haven’t seen those yet by me, how much was that? I’m intrigued to hear about your findings. Old Forester is by far my favorite distillery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Leftover season at my house, which is a great place to be considering there’s fried sweet potatoes

This was a first for me and one I had on my list for awhile. I must say I was rather disappointed. The notes were excellent but the finish was nothing but perfume. Love the bottle redesign but the cork stopper was also a letdown (plastic).

A gift from a friend at my lounge. Uncle Nearest was the guy who taught Jack Daniel everything he knew. His whiskey was a unique experience. Kinda pricey though.

Brought in by another member who paid around $200 for this limited release. We helped him kill the bottle. It was certainly an interesting bourbon, but I would never pay that price for it. He also concurred with that assessment

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I haven’t seen those yet by me, how much was that? I’m intrigued to hear about your findings. Old Forester is by far my favorite distillery.
The store pick was $85, up $5 from what I paid last release. I traded that last release so this was my first time having it. I know there can be wide variations in store picks, and I was disappointed in the neck pour on this one. None of that cherry note or other flavors I associate with OF, just kind of muddled flavors with heat. I will revisit in a few weeks and hope that maybe opening it will have a positive effect.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

Don’t love this as much as the Prohibition Style, which is still climbing into my all time favorites. However it’s still one of the better BiB’s I’ve had

I think it’s amazing.. reach for it far more than 1920, but that’s just me..
But 1910 is a little heavy on the oak for me..