What's new

Today's Bourbon

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Three new store picks today. A Binny's SiB Knob Creek 120 to replace the 9 year I'm almost done with (rationing those 15 year picks); a different Old Forester Barrel Strength SiB (134 proof) that locals say is better than the Woodman's one I grabbed on Thanksgiving; And a 15+ year SiB Whistlepig at 109 proof that people are raving about.

Killer pickups Tom!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Awesome!

It will open up I think. It’s probably tied with Old Forester for best under $30 readily available Rye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think I figured it out. The red top version is the new version that's supposed to be better. This is an older bottle that may not be as good. I didn't even realize it!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a bottle of KC SiB this weekend. Had a pour last night and wasn’t super impressed but I’ve got hopes once it gets some air and opens up.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Picked up a bottle of KC SiB this weekend. Had a pour last night and wasn’t super impressed but I’ve got hopes once it gets some air and opens up.
Nice! 120 proof, Brian? Age statement? I've been loving the SiB store picks, have a couple 9+ and a few 14+, and every one so far has been stellar.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Think I figured it out. The red top version is the new version that's supposed to be better. This is an older bottle that may not be as good. I didn't even realize it!
My BiB cap is actually black and the standard Rye has a red cap. Both are incredibly nuanced for their assigned pricepoints. I just shared the standard Rye at my lounge and it was a fan favorite indeed. The possibility that it was Doc Holliday’s go to Rye just adds to the cool factor

The guy that brought this in was handing out Opus X’s out to the members. Generous bloke

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No BTAC for me this year, budgeting for a couple of firearms, so I am taking a pass at the raffles. Decided yesterday was a good time to enjoy some of my neglected bottles. The blood orange citrus note that I get from this in a Rocks Glass is intense. Time apart has certainly intensified it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Still haven't opened a Bluegill Creek, it's the only 2016 I have yet to crack. How'd you like it?
I didn’t care for it at first ‘cause I hadn’t had too many high proof bourbons and it was too hot for me but now enjoy it as a special occasion drink...but ‘cause I’mma wimp, drink it with an ice sphere. I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy it neat. :happy:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I didn’t care for it at first ‘cause I hadn’t had too many high proof bourbons and it was too hot for me but now enjoy it as a special occasion drink...but ‘cause I’mma wimp, drink it with an ice sphere. I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy it neat. :happy:
Maybe a couple drops of water, but yeah, I'm a high proof guy. Glad you enjoy it on special occasions. (y)