What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Opened the latest Stagg Jr. last night (Batch 15, 131.1 proof).

Enjoyed it, typical Stagg Jr. viscosity and heat with some complex flavors that really started to open up after it had been sitting a bit. I'll reserve serious judgement until trying it again after it's been open a few weeks.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Congrats! You better enter that Pappy Flight Raffle for the Ronald McDonald House in Louisville, you're on a streak!
I know better. PaP's I have "ZERO" luck with. I've come to grips that I won't ever have any. Therefore, pass on the raffle. Was tempting though but my inner self said, "don't even try". lol.

I'd love to see a name I knew win though.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I know better. PaP's I have "ZERO" luck with. I've come to grips that I won't ever have any. Therefore, pass on the raffle. Was tempting though but my inner self said, "don't even try". lol.

I'd love to see a name I knew win though.
Yeah, I procrastinated long enough that it sold out, so there's $100 I have to spend on something else. :LOL:

Couple of Booker's pours last night during the hockey games, Country Ham and Blue Knight's Batch. Both good, Hame edges the Knight out.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Yeah, I procrastinated long enough that it sold out, so there's $100 I have to spend on something else. :LOL:

Couple of Booker's pours last night during the hockey games, Country Ham and Blue Knight's Batch. Both good, Hame edges the Knight out.

I liked the Country Ham. Have a 2020-03 I need to either crack or get rid of. Haven't been turned on by the Bookers since CH.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Some recent pours:
2016 OF Birthday Bourbon and 2018 WLW with my pops while celebrating my birthday.

PVW 15 thanks to @marshall9779 when we recently got together for a smoke and whiskey tasting.

Local rye @marshall9779 aged in a mini barrel. Can’t recall how long he aged it but it was really good.

Belle Meade Reserve

And no picture of it in the glass, but several pours of Makers 2021 LE FAE-01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Happy Belated @jcolan1 !

Picked up a couple new store picks from Leo's today, a Old Scout single barrel, 5+ year MGP at 117.4 proof, and a Old Haymarket single barrel, 7+ year Heaven Hill at 118.6 proof.

Stopped at a dive convenience store about a mile away on a friend's recommendation. They only had about 20 bottles of hard liquor in he store, but one of them was a 2017 Booker's (2017-01 Tommy's).

Stopped at one last store that I got a couple 2019 Booker's at last month. No more Booker's, but I did grab a 9 year old single barrel store pick Knob Creek 120 proof so as not to leave empty handed.

A good if expensive day.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cracked two of the new acquisitions last night. As always, I know the subsequent pours may be different after the bottle has been open several weeks.

First was the Old Scout. A hint of sweetness on the palate with a somewhat short finish. I think it will be worth the $55 price tag.

Next was the Smokehouse 2018 9 year Knob Creek pick. Intoxicating sweet nose, yet no discernable sweetness on the palate. Super long finish and pretty delicious. Easily worth the $50.

While drinking the KC I was having a conversation online about Elijah Craig BPs and which were the best. Made me get a hankering for my fave, the C9191...so finished off the night with a nip of that.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Time to buy a lottery ticket. After finding a Booker's 17-01 (Tommy's) "in the wild" yesterday, today I found a 18-02 (Backyard BBQ). Also found a Kitchen Table (18-04), but they wanted $119 for it and it's not one of my faves, so I left it.