What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Paul @pbibby , I've heard great things about the RR 2003. Secondary market on it is crazy here.

I'd be curious to hear your impressions of the W.B. Saffell too, some local guys were touting it just a day or 2 ago.

Last night I had some Rebel DC and some Booker's Toogie's Invitation.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Decided to enjoy something new apart from my usual rotation. Currently in the process of scaling down my collection to make it easier to move in May. When I’m done my two Willett Family Estate Ryes should remain. Then I have the pleasure of building it up again, only this time a bit different. Mostly $40.99 and under is my goal. I’m excited to also build up my Willett Rye collection, but definitely not as crazy as Tom’s insane Booker collection lol. It will give me something to hunt for, which is always thrilling (as the saying goes).

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I’m excited to also build up my Willett Rye collection, but definitely not as crazy as Tom’s insane Booker collection lol. It will give me something to hunt for, which is always thrilling (as the saying goes).
Don't sell yourself short, Matt.... you may have the ultimate Willett Rye collection before you know it! :giggle:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Had my first ever pour of Baby Saz last night, actually a store pick from Warehouse Liquors in downtown Chicago.

Kinda light for me at 90 proof, pleasant flavors but nothing I would pull the trigger on based on this sample.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The new Booker's batch showed up by me last night. Popped into my local Binny's before meeting friends for dinner and asked for it. Manager says we don't have any, then gets corrected by an employee who says "I think he came in today", went in the back and grabbed me two. Saving the "grand opening" for tonight.

Had a pour of the Old Haymarket after I got home from dinner and a couple Negra Modelos.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cracked the new Booker's last night. Hot and releasing some ethanol to start for sure. Pour improved as it went along. Added a couple drops of water and it started to display some flavors beyond the original pepper.

I never make too big a deal over the "neck pour" as I've had several recent batches that I didn't care for much at first, yet were good to outstanding after being opened for several weeks or more (Shiny Barrel, Beaten Biscuits, Granny's). I am hoping the same for this Donohoe's Batch.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Paul @pbibby , I've heard great things about the RR 2003. Secondary market on it is crazy here.

I'd be curious to hear your impressions of the W.B. Saffell too, some local guys were touting it just a day or 2 ago.

Last night I had some Rebel DC and some Booker's Toogie's Invitation.

The RR2003 was really really good. I personally preferred the dram of 2002 I had over this, but it was wonderful.

The WB Saffell is awesome. Obviously a touch pricey at 50 for 375ml, but IMO it's worth the price. It's a refined turkey product. Has a lovely "old school" type character to it. I really like it.