What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The RR2003 was really really good. I personally preferred the dram of 2002 I had over this, but it was wonderful.

The WB Saffell is awesome. Obviously a touch pricey at 50 for 375ml, but IMO it's worth the price. It's a refined turkey product. Has a lovely "old school" type character to it. I really like it.
I appreciate the insight! I'll probably get to try the RR 2003 as I have a local crew friend who hoards it and I'm sure we'll trade some samples. The Saffell is definitely something I'll grab next time I see it, which is fairly regularly.

Tonight I made a deal to get another bottle of Booker's "Toogie's Invitation" so I had a pour of my open bottle. Followed that up with an OF single barrel strength store pick.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I appreciate the insight! I'll probably get to try the RR 2003 as I have a local crew friend who hoards it and I'm sure we'll trade some samples. The Saffell is definitely something I'll grab next time I see it, which is fairly regularly.

Tonight I made a deal to get another bottle of Booker's "Toogie's Invitation" so I had a pour of my open bottle. Followed that up with an OF single barrel strength store pick.

I'm a turkey nut so remember that! haha. In all seriousness, I think $50 is worth a shot to see if you like it.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Another cigar friend thought it funny with my love for Booker's and Knob Creek that I had never tried Baker's 7. He sent me about a 6 ounce sample. So, would it be more like KC, or more like Basil Hayden, the fourth Beam of the quad and which I don't care for.

Luckily it was more like the Knob Creek. It won't replace KC or Booker's on my bar but it is definitely a tasty pour.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Revisited (2nd pour) the Old Scout local SiB pick. Damn it opened up nicely in the past few weeks. I'm going to try another pour this week and am considering grabbing another as they're not sold out.