What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
First pour of Booker's Bluegrass (2016-01) in a long while. This opened up amazingly, with a buttery viscosity. Neat, it reminds me of Country Ham (2019-03) with more punch on the finish.

Adding 2 drops of water brought out some crazy sweetness on the palate. This one just jumped up near the top on my Booker's favorites.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some new acquisitions. Where I am the Eagle is like Blanton’s...rare (no pun intended) and overpriced. However in my case I only paid $39. The Noble Oak Double Oaked Rye was a shocker, had no idea it even existed. Damn good too, gobs of Port Barrel character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Some new acquisitions. Where I am the Eagle is like Blanton’s...rare (no pun intended) and overpriced. However in my case I only paid $39. The Noble Oak Double Oaked Rye was a shocker, had no idea it even existed. Damn good too, gobs of Port Barrel character

Nice pickups, Matt. Blanton's near <SRP is a relatively tough find around here too, but I see Eagle Rare fairly often if you need an assist next time you're out.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last Friday was definitely a Rye kind of day. With my Noble Oak Rye, another members Rittenhouse BiB, and these two

Who would’ve known I’d be gravitating towards Rye over Bourbon these days.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Last Friday was definitely a Rye kind of day. With my Noble Oak Rye, another members Rittenhouse BiB, and these two

Who would’ve known I’d be gravitating towards Rye over Bourbon these days.

Every January, our bourbon club does "bottom of the barrel" tasting, where 5 blind samples are compared. 4 of the samples are $25 or less, one is top shelf. This year was rye.

Always interesting because you find brands you like, without the visual bias of knowing what you are drinking. This years discovery was Jack Daniels Rye. It won the day, edging out Whistle Pig 12 yr. We didnt like the standard Overholt (not BiB) or Jim Beam. Dickel was divisive, as some can pick out the 95/5 MGP flavors a mile away- lots of spearmint/green grass/dill.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Every January, our bourbon club does "bottom of the barrel" tasting, where 5 blind samples are compared. 4 of the samples are $25 or less, one is top shelf. This year was rye.

Always interesting because you find brands you like, without the visual bias of knowing what you are drinking. This years discovery was Jack Daniels Rye. It won the day, edging out Whistle Pig 12 yr. We didnt like the standard Overholt (not BiB) or Jim Beam. Dickel was divisive, as some can pick out the 95/5 MGP flavors a mile away- lots of spearmint/green grass/dill.
I’ll have to keep an eye out for Jack Daniels Rye. I once tried Wild Turkey Rye and it was a pleasant experience. I hear you on visual bias. One of our more crafty members at my cigar lounge disguised a bottle of Kirkland Bourbon and had us all guessing top shelf. I was off my game that day...by a mile

Tonight I’m thinking...........Willett 4 Year (I’m so boring)