What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where is Matt @BourbonBinder ? I'm bringing the Funk!

Still alive! Thanks for checking in on me. Life, she’s been a crazy. Between me moving again, my Dog Chance passing away, my career being wrecked from a traumatic event, I’ve been struggling to stay afloat these days. One of the things that have helped me stay positive are my cigar friends at my lounge. I’m now 1.5 hours closer, so I can visit every Friday. Sorry to have disappeared, I aim to contribute when I can.

A little move in celebration & uncorking. She’s a citrus bomb (the way I like my Willett’s)

Moving out smoke with my best in-town cigar buddy & former neighbor

Bartered some of my George T Stagg for this

Speaking of my George T Stagg

And coincidentally my William Larue Weller

Bartered the last of my Larue for a pour of Orphan Barrel. Damn it was so worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Matt @BourbonBinder , hope things start moving in positive directions for you, you've had a whopper of a year so far. Glad you're able to see some friends and have some good pours. Which Orphan Barrel did you try?

Hope to see more of you here when you're able!
Thanks Tom! I appreciate it brother.

Not sure how I forgot to add this, but I was recently struck by a Land Rover while on my Electric Longboard. Fractured my elbow. He ran a stop sign as I was crossing an intersection.

I see you’ve been busy with your collection. Congratulations on the new additions. Those 2015 Bookers are choice! If memory serves me well it was the 20 Year Rhetoric 90 Proof Orphan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Thanks Tom! I appreciate it brother.

Not sure how I forgot to add this, but I was recently struck by a Land Rover while on my Electric Longboard. Fractured my elbow. He ran a stop sign as I was crossing an intersection.

I see you’ve been busy with your collection. Congratulations on the new additions. Those 2015 Bookers are choice! If memory serves me well it was the 20 Year Rhetoric 90 Proof Orphan
Thank you Matt, and I sure hope you're healing well.

I think one of my buddies has Rhetoric on his bar, next time I visit I'm going to have to give that a try.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Paul @pbibby, how do you like your JD pick? I have one from a Chicago store and it's the best Tennessee whiskey I've tasted.

Last night's pours:

My JD pick is ridiculous. It's incredibly complex. At times drinks a touch hot, but it's very very good. I will 100% be picking up more of the JDBP when it is done. It's been a complete eye opener

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
My JD pick is ridiculous. It's incredibly complex. At times drinks a touch hot, but it's very very good. I will 100% be picking up more of the JDBP when it is done. It's been a complete eye opener
Agreed. I picked mine on secondary because I slept on the first round of picks. I won't be making that mistake again.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

Since opening this bottle, it's been hard to drink, the ethanol just obscured the flavor and made it less than enjoyable. I've poured out more than one pour.

First time in a couple/few months, over half the bottle gone and suddenly it's good. Ethanol dialed way back, cherry syrup and banana flavors on the palate. Not outstanding, but certainly enjoyable now.

Traded both my other picks, which are both supposed to be much tastier than this one. I may live to regret it, but life's too short for bourbon regrets.