What's new

Today's Bourbon

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I enjoy it. It has subtle caramel notes without the artificial sweetness of other cheap Bourbons. Larceny is up there with the Bulleit Rye as one of my at-home staples and the price is great at about $28.
Nice! Have you tried Bulleit Wheated? It's damn good too.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
My Denver friends sent me another ECBP Private Barrel, this one a 10 year at 133.8 proof. Never would have owned even one of these, they were scarce and set aside by store managers with little integrity. Super excited to crack this one.

A little Pinhook High Proof before bed last night.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never had the JM CB before, Matt @BourbonBinder , you would definitely recommend I take it?

Last night I went to Bardstown (21-03), and ended up killing Maw Maw (15-05).

Yes I would if you can source it. Prices are way too high for me, low secondary starts at around $300 for the Cigar Blend. It usually receives very high marks from reviewers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Yes I would if you can source it. Prices are way too high for me, low secondary starts at around $300 for the Cigar Blend. It usually receives very high marks from reviewers

Yes, I see secondary at 325 or higher around here. Can't sped that kinda juice for this kinda juice. :LOL:

Did work out a trade which I will post here this afternoon if it goes through, A couple of roughly $60 retail bottles that each go around $400 on secondary. That was the only way I was going to get one.

Last night I almost killed my JDBP SiB. Almost. ;)

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Met in the lot of a chain liquor store to get me trade. I traded a favorite bottle for it, but I really wanted a Coy Hill.

Popped into the store and low and behold, they had a couple of bottles that can be a little tough to find around here.

For some reason I'm envisioning one of those old crime noir movies....dudes in a dark corner of the parking lot looking around shiftily: "You got the bottles?" "Yeah, YOU got the bottles?" "Wait...how do I know you didn't just fill these with Fireball?" "You callin' me a liar?" :ROFLMAO:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Second pour of the Barrell SiB, totally different than the first. Drank more like a finished bourbon, sweet, syrupy.....sort of like Eagle Rare. Not really thrilled and hoping that something was off on my palate and it's more like the first pour next time.

Followed it with some Booker's (Kathleen's 18-01) to be sure I wouldn't be disappointed twice.