What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
It's been 4 weeks since I opened the latest Booker's batch (Noe Strangers), so time to revisit. I had stated after the first pour that it was neck and neck with the previous batch (Bardstown) for my favorite of 2021.

So this pour didn't hit me as well, so I decided to follow it with small pours of Bardstown (21-03) and Tagalong (21-02). I didn't need to add Donohoe's (21-01) as I already know that's the worst Booker's batch I've had.

Nothing to eat, only water between, and each pour sat 15 minutes before I drank.

And my surprising new list?

1. Bardstown 21-03
2. Tagalong 21-02
3. Noe Strangers 21-04
4. Donohoe's 21-01

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I do one (strictly for fun) Carlos. I bought a decanter from Amazon which holds closer to 1000 ml so I can get more in.

Don't spose you have a link to that decanter? I have an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Wanted to make sure I bought one that didn't have leaded glass and had a good stopper instead of something just for show.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Somewhat related to this thread...I do believe my trip with a friend to the Bourbon Trail for next spring has been technically greenlit. I say "technically" because although permission has been granted, I fear that there will be...consequences later on from our respective spouses.

That said...Yay Bourbon Trail!

Edit: Fellas, any recommendations on which distilleries are worth it and which to skip?

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Don't spose you have a link to that decanter? I have an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Wanted to make sure I bought one that didn't have leaded glass and had a good stopper instead of something just for show.
Carlos, looks like the price went up since I bought it in March 2020. But it is a beaut.

Amazon.com | Aztec Whiskey Decanter and glass Set, Large 45 oz Scotch or Bourbon Whisky Decanter & 4 glasses - Premium Quality Hand Made Decanters for Alcohol or Liquor, Unique Patented Design whiskey sets for men: Liquor Decanters