What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a single barrel pick Knob Creek bourbon (9 year) followed by a single barrel pick KC Rye (6 year).

Really highlighted how these are two completely different animals. The smooth Oak and long clean finish of the bourbon compared to the big Rye note on the palate and rye spice dominating the finish.

Just shows me how much more I enjoy the straight bourbon. Probably won't buy many Ryes going forward unless something really stands out.

There’s rare and then there’s extremely rare, and then there’s 2016 Booker’s Limited Edition Rye. Prices are most commonly between $3500 to $4000. It’s too bad considering how much of a Booker’s aficionado you are, almost a crime. Batched at 136.2 Proof and aged over 13 years, it’s sure to change the way you look at Ryes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Cold night so I decided to go cozy and make a bit of bourbon punch. Honey, juice of a lemon, hot water, and a double pour. :D

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Couple pours at a local place last night, Barrell batches 27 &28. I will be looking to score each of these if I find one at retail.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I have been looking for Weller Full Proof for a couple years, not willing to pay what the flippers are asking on the secondary market though. Enjoy!
I’m really lucky on allocations currently. My local guy and I have really hit it off so he takes care of me. He only got 100 bottles of this in and I got 2. The entire lot was supposed to be allocated before it showed up. Good news, it was only 72.95 per bottle.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I’m really lucky on allocations currently. My local guy and I have really hit it off so he takes care of me. He only got 100 bottles of this in and I got 2. The entire lot was supposed to be allocated before it showed up. Good news, it was only 72.95 per bottle.
Great score Brian!

I've got no juice at my local chain (Binny's)...I lucked into a few mid tier bottles last year (Elijah Criag 18 year, JD10, Stagg Jr, etc), but most of the Weller stuff (besides Special Reserve) has alluded me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A friend sent me this video. It just might be one of the funniest whiskey videos I’ve ever seen...not that the bar was that high anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk