What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
New crack of a 2020 Pinhook single barrel. Little disappointing so far, hoping it opens up in a few weeks.

Whiskey Rick (13 year SiB) never disappoints.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
GF and I went to a liquor store about 50 miles from home that has some excellent open bottles. Tried tese 2 today...the OF 14 Year was incredible, I'd love to find a bottle at MSRP.

late night I cracked a new Elijah Craig Private Barrel, this one from Heritage at 133.2 proof.

Where's the store? Sounds like it might be worth a trip.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final tally for the week… 9 bottles

(2) KC 18
(2) bakers 107 (new batch)
(2) ECBP C922
(1) Larceny C922
(1) Early times BiB
(1) Blue Note store pick

Cracked the bakers tonight after driving for the last 9 hours from partially starting up a new automated pizza facility I helped design.

Not really impressed yet but I think with some air it has potential. Decided a shower and sleeping in my own bed was a better choice than more bourbon, at least tonight.

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Finally tally for the week… 9 bottles

(2) KC 18
(2) bakers 107 (new batch)
(2) ECBP C922
(1) Larceny C922
(1) Early times BiB
(1) Blue Note store pick

Cracked the bakers tonight after driving for the last 9 hours from partially starting up a new automated pizza facility I helped designed.

Not really impressed yet but I think with some air it has potential. Decided a shower and sleeping in my own bed was a better choice than more bourbon, at least tonight.
Nice scores, Brian, that KC18 is tough to come by here unless you wanna pay double MSRP.

The Bakers should open up and improve, seems like most higher proof Beam products do for me. I really liked the old small batch Bakers better than the single barrel they switched to a few years ago. Just too inconsistent compared to the small batch.

That Early Times BiB might be the best sub $30 bourbon I have had.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cracked the KC18 last night with our good friends last night before he has surgery tomorrow.

It was very vanilla forward and classic KC On the finish with oak standing out. Extremely smooth and very enjoyable. I’m glad I have 2 bottles.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cracked the KC18 last night with our good friends last night before he has surgery tomorrow.

It was very vanilla forward and classic KC On the finish with oak standing out. Extremely smooth and very enjoyable. I’m glad I have 2 bottles.
Glad to hear you liked it, Brian. Mixed reviews locally, I am hoping one of the local stores with a tasting bar opens up a bottle. Hope your friend's surgery goes well.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Had some Elijah Criag Private Barrel (133.8 proof, 10 years) followed by a fresh crack on a 14+ year Knob Creek single barrel pick.

I need to get ahold of one of those OLD knob Creeks. Saw a 15 in Vegas but it was almost $200 if I remember. Same city which offered Bookers 2022-01 for a reasonable $250. :ROFLMAO: :oops:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I need to get ahold of one of those OLD knob Creeks. Saw a 15 in Vegas but it was almost $200 if I remember. Same city which offered Bookers 2022-01 for a reasonable $250. :ROFLMAO: :oops:
Carlos, the 15 year single barrel store picks (not the newer KC15 small batch release) are trending around $150-175, so that price isn't that far off.

That Booker's price, on the other hand.... :LOL:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Traded for an Old Fitz 14 year, the sample I had a couple weeks ago was just too enticing. Had a lot of Booker's to trade, so....

Speaking of Booker's, a couple more recent ones last night.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Carlos, the 15 year single barrel store picks (not the newer KC15 small batch release) are trending around $150-175, so that price isn't that far off.

That Booker's price, on the other hand.... :LOL:
Think I saw a Blantons for around $175. I laughed...but then again I also willingly paid $48 for two (24oz) beers and a small popcorn at Caesars Palace. When in Vegas....

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Think I saw a Blantons for around $175. I laughed...but then again I also willingly paid $48 for two (24oz) beers and a small popcorn at Caesars Palace. When in Vegas....
Carlos, Taters go crazy for the Blanton's. I buy it when I occasionally see it at retail ($59-64) and promptly trade it to one of my friends for something I like more. Not an Elmer T Lee or Hancock Reserve fan either, that BT mash bill at low proof just doesn't do it for me.

What does? Well, Booker's for one. :cool: :LOL: