What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Boss got me (2) bottles of the new Bookers, 2 bottles of OF king ranch and a bottle of Act 10 of A midwinters night dram.

I’ll crack the bookers and MWD this Sunday with our good friends to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

I’ve never had Dram before and I’m typically not a rye fan so we’ll see how that goes.
The Kentucky Tea, Brian? I'm curious to hear your thoughts after Sunday, I've heard good things from a few friends.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I’ve been looking for the 2022 Maker’s Mark wood finishing series bottles. Thursday a friend tells me that one of our local stores got a case of each. By the time I got there it was gone, but they had a bottle of each at their bar for pours. Decided I would buy 02 if I found it at retail, but pass on 01.

Half hour later I’m a little early for bowling so I pop into a store out near the alley. Damned if they didn’t have a few 02s.

Last night had some of my previous favorite, FAE-02 from 2021.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great weekend of wine and spirits.

The midwinters night dram was a disappointment and I’ll probably look at selling it as we only had a very small pour out of it.

The bookers was amazing! Very heavy caramel and vanilla with a very pleasant mouth feel.

Then we finished with KC18 which wasn’t as complex as the Bookers, but was smoother at the 100 proof it is.

Tonight I cracked the first of 2 bottles of the Old Forester king ranch bottles the boss got me. While only a small pour, the bottle has some potential. I’m going to really enjoy it I believe.