What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Met some old hockey teammates out at a burger & bourbon place, and tried these 3 "new to me" pours:

Larceny Barrel Proof A121. Doesn't hold a candle to Elijah Craig BP.

Barrell Bourbon Batch 19 (2019). Sweet and complex, but not as good as Batch 28.

Maker's Mark Cask Strength. Meh. Gimmie the wood finished series or a high proof single barrel over this.

So what to do after that? Come home for some old faithful Knob Creek 102 proof single barrel. ;)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Had a few pours at a BBQ yesterday, only "new to me" one was Basil Hayden Toast.

It's as if Miller Brewing Co. said "Let's make Miller Lite Light. And make it extra light". Might as well drink Seagram's.

Came home and had something a bit more substancial.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Had a few pours at a BBQ yesterday, only "new to me" one was Basil Hayden Toast.

It's as if Miller Brewing Co. said "Let's make Miller Lite Light. And make it extra light". Might as well drink Seagram's.

Came home and had something a bit more substancial.

Was my experience with BH as well. Bought a bottle as a gift for someone who enjoys lower proofs, and when he poured me some, it was exactly as you described. Like drinking water while sitting next to someone who is sipping Booker's and occasionally exhales into your face after a sip.