What's new

Today's Bourbon

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Really having to fight my way through this bottle. Since the weather is no longer cool, I don't want to mix it into bourbon punch. It's very...harsh? All I taste is alcohol and bitterness.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@Texican Carlos, I don't have a lot of Woodford experience as I find it too mild. Crazy that this one is so strong and bitter. :oops: Well, not much more to fight through anyway.

Grabbed this yesterday. I've heard a couple things and read a couple reviews, so I am pretty excited to try it.

Last night, a little Bottled in Bond Remus Reserve hit the spot.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I was down to 2 Libbey bourbon glasses so I ordered a set of 4 from Amazon. I realized while having a pour last night that one of the glasses had a small chip on the rim. Contacted Amazon for a replacement and they gave me two options: Contact Libbey, or get a returnless refund. Whaddaya think I chose? 3 free glasses, winning!

Last night's pours:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was down to 2 Libbey bourbon glasses so I ordered a set of 4 from Amazon. I realized while having a pour last night that one of the glasses had a small chip on the rim. Contacted Amazon for a replacement and they gave me two options: Contact Libbey, or get a returnless refund. Whaddaya think I chose? 3 free glasses, winning!

Last night's pours:

I keep wanting to get one of those type glasses. They are the kind that JB distillery used for their sampling and I really liked them.

I have these two types:

On top of those two...for Christmas two years ago, I was given 4 more of the first type AND a 2 pack of these:

So I really REALLY can't justify the purchase of any more glasses. :cautious:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
11 year old Elijah Craig Barrel Proof single barrel pick. This one is at 109 proof which is very low for the ECBPs. This one is a total oak bomb, reminds me of a 15 year Knob Creek pick with a hint of that Heaven Hill sweetness.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I went to a whiskey sampling event yesterday and tried these:

New Riff single barrel store pick
Clyde Mays 6 Year Cask Strength
Jack Daniels single barrel pick
Rossville Cask Strength

None were good enough to buy (even on sale), and the Rossville was actually pretty nasty.

Paid for a couple pours:

Jack Daniels 10 Year(meh)
Willett 9 Year single barrel pick (amazing)

I didn't win any of the allocated bottles they raffled off.

I did come home with two bottles. My friend who moved to Nashville and has been doing NBC picks came up with the "sequel" to Tennessee Jed (which I love), Return of the Jed. It's more classic high rye MGP than its predecessor, but super tasty.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Cracked open one of my two bottles that I brought back from Kentucky. Not sure I'll ever love anything more than I do the Beam lineup, but damn, BT did right by this one. Thick, mouth-coating sweetness with a high enough proof to balance it out.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I cracked 2 new bottles yesterday for the hockey games. First was the newest Booker's, Charlie's Batch. The neck pour was delicious, has lots of the same flavors and qualities of a couple of my absolute favorite batches.

Then it was a 9 year single barrel Knob Creek that a friend picked with a local group. It's a solid KC 9 year, at 120 proof it will go fast.