What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hopefully I don't lose my man-card for this but I made a (oh this is gonna sound girly lol) picture collage of all the bourbon I sampled from Erjaq. It's in order of how I tasted it & includes all 8 Glencairn picture shots. It's quite telling of the different ages & proofs, compared side by side.

Bottle A: 2016 William LaRue Weller (135.4 Proof)

Bottle B: Astor Wines Barrel Selection of WhistlePig Rye 10 Year (119.2 Proof)

Bottle C: Vintage Elijah Craig Barrel Proof 12 Years Release #6 (140.2 Proof)

Bottle D: Willet Family Estate 14 Year Barrel # 2061

Bottle E: CA Gold (Proof Unknown)

Bottle F: George T Stagg Barrel Proof (143 Proof)

Bottle G: Heavenhill Single Barrel 14 Year (115 Proof)

Bottle H: Barrell Cask Strength (128.3 Proof)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Someone educate me on the Birthday Bourbon. I'm getting a bottle at msrp. Haha. I wouldn't normally but thought I'd treat myself.
Does this connection get other stuff at msrp, too? BTAC 2017 release is right around the corner...

EDIT: and now I see that you started a thread about BTAC 2017, oops.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1974 bottle from my parents' wedding in '75. I think the cork had been compromised, and in turn, the whiskey. Still, not the worst pour I've had this month.

Hiram Walker & Sons
De Luxe Bourbon
#26 of 30
#30daysofbourbon
#bourbonheritagemonth
#bourbonheritagemonth2017

I tend to stay away from those heavy decanter style bottles myself, with the heavy stoppers. Beautiful bottle though, one to put on display no doubt. Are or were you a Jersey Boy? If so where?

I'm half central, half jersey shore lol. (Middletown which is close to Red Bank and Sandy Hook)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I tend to stay away from those heavy decanter style bottles myself, with the heavy stoppers. Beautiful bottle though, one to put on display no doubt. Are or were you a Jersey Boy? If so where?

I'm half central, half jersey shore lol. (Middletown which is close to Red Bank and Sandy Hook)
No, Minnesota.
There are just four different states' license plates represented on the bottle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Decided tonight was worthy of a special pour, as today marks 12 years with my company. Had my review this afternoon and they're still going to keep me around!
Wild Turkey Master's Keep 17 Year
@wildturkey
#27 of 30
#30daysofbourbon
#bourbonheritagemonth
#bourbonheritagemonth2017

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
3x - Weller 12

Neat
One drop of water
One ice cube

Dinner at Sarento's, on the top of the Ilikai Hotel, before they close down for good at the end of the month.

Now I get why it's so sought after.

View attachment 102231
Some damn fine selections you got there. Still have yet to find a spot in New Jersey that is a bourbon sanctuary. So far JR Cigars in Whippany is the best (offering Bookers, Basil Haydens, Knob Creek, Makers 46, Blantons, and Buffalo Trace).

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Some damn fine selections you got there. Still have yet to find a spot in New Jersey that is a bourbon sanctuary. So far JR Cigars in Whippany is the best (offering Bookers, Basil Haydens, Knob Creek, Makers 46, Blantons, and Buffalo Trace).
Do you not have a lizardville around you?!?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0

Gonna break out this one tonight. New batch for me. Very excited to try it. Will report back.

Very solid. Easier to drink for me. Darker notes though not as sweet. Very very good though. I have a feeling I won't ever go without a bottle of Bookers in the cabinet. Hopefully I can continue to get it under 60....

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Very solid. Easier to drink for me. Darker notes though not as sweet. Very very good though. I have a feeling I won't ever go without a bottle of Bookers in the cabinet. Hopefully I can continue to get it under 60....

Just picked up the new 2017-03 release at Total Wine. Marked as $59.99, but rang at $40.99.
I sure wasn't going to complain!
Was tempted to run back in and grab a backup...