What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yesterday while waiting for our flight, "Buy a Beer, get half off on shots," at the bar so drank two beers, got two shots. Blanton's and then a Templeton Rye.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Having Jefferson's Reserve tonight. Have been drinking a lot of barrel proofs recently so this is light and easy drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're like me with these Barrel Proofs, I got pretty spoiled drinking nothing but Barrel Proofs for awhile. I feel like I'm drinking water now with my 94 proof Maker's 46.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can someone please explain this Eagle Rare dilemma I'm having? Is Eagle Rare a Single Barrel or is it Small Batch? My 2nd ever Bourbon buy was Eagle & it had a sticker on it that stated it was Single Barrel, but not on the bottle itself. I was in my store today and saw a bottle without that sticker. I saw online that Eagle Rare 10 year was at least once a Single Barrel, but with this boom I can imagine (along with Age Statements) that that has also followed suit. So which is it?
Here's my old bottle (from back in 2015) you might have to zoom in to see the sticker.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Can someone please explain this Eagle Rare dilemma I'm having? Is Eagle Rare a Single Barrel or is it Small Batch? My 2nd ever Bourbon buy was Eagle & it had a sticker on it that stated it was Single Barrel, but not on the bottle itself. I was in my store today and saw a bottle without that sticker. I saw online that Eagle Rare 10 year was at least once a Single Barrel, but with this boom I can imagine (along with Age Statements) that that has also followed suit. So which is it?
Here's my old bottle (from back in 2015) you might have to zoom in to see the sticker.

I think it might be like a barrel select from the said store that is exclusive to only them??? I swear I've seen some like that on secondary markets.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That's an unusual phrase I don't see very often, if at all. "Specially Selected For Virginia"; usually it reads "Specially Selected for such and such Store".
Yeah I generally see the store on something like ‘... forMontgomery County DLC’. Virginia tuns the liquor stores where the was bought, so I’m guessing that’s why it just says Virginia.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it might be like a barrel select from the said store that is exclusive to only them??? I swear I've seen some like that on secondary markets.
Interesting....It was "Joe Canals Barrel Select" in Woodbridge NJ (one of NJ's major spirits centers). I've heard of Stores selecting their own barrels but never have I heard them deciding whether or not it could be a Single Barrel. I didn't think Joe Canals had that kind of clout. I was in there today and didn't see one like it, so that might have been a luxury of the past, but no more.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Interesting....It was "Joe Canals Barrel Select" in Woodbridge NJ (one of NJ's major spirits centers). I've heard of Stores selecting their own barrels but never have I heard them deciding whether or not it could be a Single Barrel. I didn't think Joe Canals had that kind of clout. I was in there today and didn't see one like it, so that might have been a luxury of the past, but no more.
Pretty sure they might be like a one and done deal, I think?

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Speaking of... Been a while, so glad to have one of these again.
Single barrel selection Buffalo trace, by one of my favorite stores. I usually enjoy the profiles of the barrels they choose.. 20171016_190426.jpg

They also do Eagle and several others as SB selections.
@BourbonBinder If they select "a barrel" then I assume the bottling will be single barrel. It seems it's just tough to find stores that - go to the trouble; do a good job with it; and have it in Stock.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Speaking of... Been a while, so glad to have one of these again.
Single barrel selection Buffalo trace, by one of my favorite stores. I usually enjoy the profiles of the barrels they choose.. View attachment 103014

They also do Eagle and several others as SB selections.
@BourbonBinder If they select "a barrel" then I assume the bottling will be single barrel. It seems it's just tough to find stores that - go to the trouble; do a good job with it; and have it in Stock.
That answers my question completely then, thanks. That sticker is pretty much the same as mine from back in 2015

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember someone local to NJ saying they were having issues sourcing Blanton's. In that case and if anyone else is interested, and living around the central New Jersey area; Foodtown on highway 36 in Middletown has Blanton's Single Barrel for $53. It's being sold in those cool boxes with the included velvet pouch.