What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is probably lots of truth to that. I look at Makers, Knobb Creek, Jack, etc. like I look at Budweiser and Coors. Made for the masses, they aren't "craft" spirit makers. I'm no expert and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone that enjoys them. Drink, smoke, enjoy what you like but typically a smaller scale manufacturer that uses higher quality ingredients and takes more care during their process is going to produce a higher quality product with more "character" that I'm going to enjoy more.
The same could be said about a majority of the US Market of Montecristo and Romeo Y Julieta. Most cigar lounges I've been to put these two right at the front because they know that they are gonna be bought by those starting out or buying for someone else. I would venture a guess that they are both (on average) the best sellers at most cigar shops. Not saying they don't make a good cigar and that I haven't enjoyed my fair share (I have), but to me they are the perfect starter brand for anyone interested in the hobby but with minimum investment. The same can be said about standard Maker's, Knob and Bulleit. I certainly wouldn't turn a bottle down if given as a gift, but where I find myself here and now, there's just so many more bottles I find to be worthier of my coin. However they are all high achievers at peaking peoples interests into the hobby of Bourbon......and maybe just maybe encouraging you to look for something more spirited.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Glasses of these while on a New Years getaway with some friends and our kids. They are getting into bourbons so we did a blind tasting of all of these. Was easy a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk