What's new

Today's Bourbon

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah that dang stuff is impossible to find around here
I fixed it
I've got three shops I visit regularly because they're on my bus line. So I just stopped in looking for something new. I always inquire whether they got any hard-to-find stuff in lately. The girl said, "Do like Weller 12 Year?" I just missed it last week at the other shops by two and four hours respectively. Apparently, the shops only get 6 bottles in one shipment, and they never know when they'll be getting Weller 12, or any of the rarer stuff from Buffalo Trace Distillery. It just arrives, and is usually gone in 4-6 hours that day. They have a sales limit of one bottle per customer, and that bottle was the last of six. Lol! It was just pure dumb luck!

I'm a little turned off by the current bourbon craze. I like bourbon because it pairs well with Nicaraguan and Dominican tobacco, not because it's fashionable and popular with the GQ set. Weller Antique and Special Reserve are starting to fly off the shelves now too, one owner told me. But the good news is that there are a lot of good bourbons in the market right now that are always available.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I've got three shops I visit regularly because they're on my bus line. So I just stopped in looking for something new. I always inquire whether they got any hard-to-find stuff in lately. The girl said, "Do like Weller 12 Year?" I just missed it last week at the other shops by two and four hours respectively. Apparently, the shops only get 6 bottles in one shipment, and they never know when they'll be getting Weller 12, or any of the rarer stuff from Buffalo Trace Distillery. It just arrives, and is usually gone in 4-6 hours that day. They have a sales limit of one bottle per customer, and that bottle was the last of six. Lol! It was just pure dumb luck!

I'm a little turned off by the current bourbon craze. I like bourbon because it pairs well with Nicaraguan and Dominican tobacco, not because it's fashionable and popular with the GQ set. Weller Antique and Special Reserve are starting to fly off the shelves now too, one owner told me. But the good news is that there are a lot of good bourbons in the market right now that are always available.
I can find the antique & reserve anytime, its the 12 year I have yet to see on the shelf or in store in quite some time. I miss the days of waltzing in and buying pappy at my leisure too