What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Let us know what you think. I have a store pick from DC that was a bit hot on the first pour, but has since been amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's definitely a hot pour. But it's solid with a couple drops of water. I usually go neat but this has benefited from the water. Pretty solid!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hot pour mean a tad bit of bite?
Not necessarily mean but definitely more than a bite. I drink this neat tho so the higher proof does kick; it’s not that I didn’t enjoy that first glass, but it caught me off guard. I thought the first pour was good but definitely kicked, similar to how a 131 proof Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C917 that I opened yesterday did, if you happened to have tried that.

That being said, the Full Proof bottle I have has been phenomenal, and I’m talking about pours a few days later, not months later. This has been one of those bottle that has me stop and take notice. I’d recommend taking a shot on a bottle if you come across one.

Maybe it’s just that the 1792 Full Proof is awesome in general, or maybe it’s the barrel that this store picked, but I’ve been very impressed by this bottle, especially compared to the regular 1792 and the regular proof single barrel.

TL;DR - Pick up a bottle, prepared for a punch in the face when your first crack a bottle, sit back and enjoy the rest as it opens up.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hot pour mean a tad bit of bite?
And as I re-read your post, I see I read it wrong. I thought it said “hot pour mean OR a bit of bite.” I meant hot as in a slightly off-putting amount of burn, however this quickly opened up to a bottle I feel drinks below it’s 125 proof.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had to try it

It's not good, it's not bad, it's just weird, will not be buying it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Was never a fan of Canadian Whisky, nor most Scotch for that matter. I'll stick with Kentucky Bourbon, Kentucky Rye thank you very much. Actually for the first time I got to try some Irish Whiskey and let me tell you, I am very much a fan. It was Redbreast 12 Year; just wish it wasn't so expensive here in NJ. $62.99 seems rather high, but what do I know, as Irish Whiskey is pretty foreign for me

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Was never a fan of Canadian Whisky, nor most Scotch for that matter. I'll stick with Kentucky Bourbon, Kentucky Rye thank you very much. Actually for the first time I got to try some Irish Whiskey and let me tell you, I am very much a fan. It was Redbreast 12 Year; just wish it wasn't so expensive here in NJ. $62.99 seems rather high, but what do I know, as Irish Whiskey is pretty foreign for me
Redbreast is good stuff. IMO anyone who likes bourbon should like it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Redbreast is good stuff. IMO anyone who likes bourbon should like it.
Lol awesome. I actually poured some in a glass that had remnants of Woodford so I thought there may be some cross-contamination, but as I’ve been reading (and what you say) Redbreast is very appealing to us Bourbon-heads. I’ll keep an eye open now for a good sale on one.