What's new

Today's Bourbon

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pikesville Rye for sure. 110 Proof is my kind of Rye. Enjoyed neat it was a pleasure and needed no water to soften it
I tried the pikesville, had it on a large ice sphere. Taste delicious, but once it hit the transition from my esophagus to my stomach it lit me up bad, as I sipped it and I assume a bit of the ice ball melted into it it became much more pleasurable to drink, I loved the taste of it though the entire time

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried the pikesville, had it on a large ice sphere. Taste delicious, but once it hit the transition from my esophagus to my stomach it lit me up bad, as I sipped it and I assume a bit of the ice ball melted into it it became much more pleasurable to drink, I loved the taste of it though the entire time
I had that happen to me with Woodford Rye, gave me painful heartburn drinking it neat. For the first time I was forced to add water, which helped immensely. I did not have that issue with Pikesville, so it earned my respect and I will pick up a bottle one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just an antique cleaver that I won off flea bay. My wife usually handles the decor. Our house looks like Pinterest threw up all over it lol. Nah she’s done a good job & everything looks good. The cleaver is just a piece that I wanted & she let me hang up in the kitchen. It looks pretty good with the rest of the decor in there.
“Flea bay” that’s classic. Looks great! It compliments anything you have near it, especially Bourbon for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
@marshall9779 @Hopduro

I'm guessing he is worried about the decreasing age of bourbons. The vintage is the "put in oak" date. If 2011 is showing up only a couple weeks into 2019, they could be putting sub-8 yr whiskey in bottles. That brand used to be 10 yr whiskey awhile back, iirc.

I have seen older stock used in that brand from time to time, like the vintage represents a minimum age. Could have grabbed s 2009 barrel that hadn't matured as quick to dump for the January bottlings. Let's hope, anyway...

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
@marshall9779 @Hopduro

I'm guessing he is worried about the decreasing age of bourbons. The vintage is the "put in oak" date. If 2011 is showing up only a couple weeks into 2019, they could be putting sub-8 yr whiskey in bottles. That brand used to be 10 yr whiskey awhile back, iirc.

I have seen older stock used in that brand from time to time, like the vintage represents a minimum age. Could have grabbed s 2009 barrel that hadn't matured as quick to dump for the January bottlings. Let's hope, anyway...
Yup, that's my concern. Supply is not equalling demand right now. I mean, 10 years ago was the housing recession so... Who could speculate that far in advance?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yup, that's my concern. Supply is not equalling demand right now. I mean, 10 years ago was the housing recession so... Who could speculate that far in advance?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
So... like the housing bust....market full of cheap bourbon and deals to be had if you are in the position to capitalize on it? :angelic:

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That was 25+ years ago... I'm afraid that the correction that will eventually happen will involve improved quality for a given price, but not the price adjustment. The industry has set a price that is accepted, and even considered "cheap" compared to secondary market prices. Consumers will gladly pay msrp, especially if age and quality go up. Unless bourbon totally falls out of favor, I'm not sure prices will fall...

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Interesting. Haven't heard of that one before. Hazelnut notes might make for a good mixer.
Except $30+ is more than I usually spend on a whiskey I plan to mix.
That with a single cherry and a splash of orange butter would be a nice accent. Always taste the bourbon first before mixing though to appreciate and train your palette.