What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually ended up taking some tums after that pikesville. Ice is a definite must, hell maybe even a water back
I didn't have an issue with heartburn after my experience with Pikesville, however I did after t much lower proof Woodford Reverse Rye, so I know how you feel. So far to this date, Woodford Rye & Stagg Jr.are the only whiskies I needed to add water to make it palatable

Last edited:

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Went to a benefit for a friend's family tonight. I won a bottle of Tito's vodka in the raffle.

Somehow, before I left, the Tito's became this:

I am told the person who ended up with the Tito's was not happy. But I am. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, you get the better end of the deal there

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
We were going out to eat while entertaining the kids on spring break. I suggested a nice resturant, and was approved. Didnt mention that it was because of the bourbon menu. Had to choose between 4R 130th, Wild Turkey Masters Keep, Parkers Heritage 14, EC18, and the one I chose, PH curaçao finish. There were many others, but I picked the one I'd had the chance to buy but passed on, since it was an odd finish.

All I'd heard was that the orange was definitely present, but in a good way. No way was I dropping $100+ on one a may hate... It turns out, I regret that decision. It was like drinking the best HH product, smooth and flavorful, but with the slightest hint of orange at the end of the finish. By no means overpowering- actually hardly present- and my fears of a "flavored whiskey" were unfounded.

It was a $38 pour, so not one I'll repeat, but glad I tried it. Opened my mind a bit...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We were going out to eat while entertaining the kids on spring break. I suggested a nice resturant, and was approved. Didnt mention that it was because of the bourbon menu. Had to choose between 4R 130th, Wild Turkey Masters Keep, Parkers Heritage 14, EC18, and the one I chose, PH curaçao finish. There were many others, but I picked the one I'd had the chance to buy but passed on, since it was an odd finish.

All I'd heard was that the orange was definitely present, but in a good way. No way was I dropping $100+ on one a may hate... It turns out, I regret that decision. It was like drinking the best HH product, smooth and flavorful, but with the slightest hint of orange at the end of the finish. By no means overpowering- actually hardly present- and my fears of a "flavored whiskey" were unfounded.

It was a $38 pour, so not one I'll repeat, but glad I tried it. Opened my mind a bit...
Awesome! The Willett Family Reserve Rye had a noticeable orange note on the finish, but only when served neat in a rocks glass, I didn’t pick up the same orange note in my Glencairn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So after nearly a year in the making I finally got to taste the final product; the 2018-2019 Infinity Bottle Project. Plus I also got to share it with about 9 guys at my Cigar Lounge and see their reactions. They all loved it. Tons of complexity & nuances. Long finish with many transitions, but one would hope for that considering 17 whiskies are in play.

Each whiskey consisted of 2-3 ounce pours:

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Next up while watching some march madness.

I took a bottle of that on my fishing trip. Paired well with a bold cigar. Only went thru half a bottle, so the rest was left in the cabinet for next year.

Wasn't a daily pour for me, but great for relaxing on the porch with a smoke.