What's new

Today's Bourbon

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Where did you find this? I don't think I've seen this one before. Is this bottom shelf territory? Also love glass, is that the NEAT? How do you like compared to the Glencairn?
I picked it up in KY 2 years ago during my bday herf.
Yes that's the Neat, I like it better than the Glencarin (mine is not a Glencarin, I am not a fan of those, mine has bigger opening on top) here is what I have:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q5HWVBS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RII1Y0W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If
Maybe it's sacrilege but i don't care. Yippee Ki Yay on ice with a dash of cherry and aromatic bitters. I'm not a huge fan of this by itself. But it Def has a Manhattan type flavor to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't like it straight, make it so you do like it... that's too much $ to take up shelf real estate for a long time...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One of my favorite bourbons I've tried was a 1792 Small Batch Store Pick from Bubbles (pre-ownership change). No idea how you can pick a barrel of small batch (must just be a proof thing)...
I asked the same question in another thread about a "single barrel" Elijah Craig Small Batch. Elijah Craig said the only single barrel they make is a 18 yr and 23 year unicorn. Guess it's the same thing with the retailer you mentioned. A liberal interpretation of what "Single Barrel" means.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I think you guys might appreciate this. I had something pretty significant happen to me late Friday night. My Twin Brother came home for the first time in over 9 months. He left our family abruptly and wouldn’t return any attempts we made to contact him. I felt like I was losing one of the most important people in my life. If anyone here is lucky enough to have a Twin, you’ll know what I’m talking about. That all changed when he unexpectedly called home and later walked through the door. At times I thought I was dreaming. I seized the moment and decided there was no better time like the present to crack open my 2017 George T. Stagg.

What a treat it was, let me tell you! Long finish that tasted like fresh cut grass with chocolatey leathery goodness.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So I think you guys might appreciate this. I had something pretty significant happen to me late Friday night. My Twin Brother came home for the first time in over 9 months. He left our family abruptly and wouldn’t return any attempts we made to contact him. I felt like I was losing one of the most important people in my life. If anyone here is lucky enough to have a Twin, you’ll know what I’m talking about. That all changed when he unexpectedly called home and later walked through the door. At times I thought I was dreaming. I seized the moment and decided there was no better time like the present to crack open up my 2017 George T. Stagg.

What a treat it was, let me tell you! Long finish that tasted like fresh cut grass with chocolatey leathery goodness.

That's great that your bro came home!

The '17 Stagg is the best bourbon I've ever bought. Beats any Pappy, WL Weller, anything... Amazing bottle to be able to pull out for a special occasion...

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So I think you guys might appreciate this. I had something pretty significant happen to me late Friday night. My Twin Brother came home for the first time in over 9 months. He left our family abruptly and wouldn’t return any attempts we made to contact him. I felt like I was losing one of the most important people in my life. If anyone here is lucky enough to have a Twin, you’ll know what I’m talking about. That all changed when he unexpectedly called home and later walked through the door. At times I thought I was dreaming. I seized the moment and decided there was no better time like the present to crack open up my 2017 George T. Stagg.

That’s awesome.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Celebrating my daughters 2nd bday 2 days early. First time pairing the Makers CS with a cigar and going great with this one. The heavy chocolate notes from this cigar go great with the chocolate covered cherries I get from the Makers. I think the higher proof is a must for a wheater with a cigar.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0

Amazing news Matt, congrats!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Congrats @BourbonBinder and @marshall9779 !!

Question while I have you all here. Anyone tried Basil Hayden Dark Rye? They have it on the cheap by me, but I read a review and it sounds like it might be too sweet for me (it has port in it, and it only 80 proof). Just curious what anyone who's tried it has for an opinion.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Question while I have you all here. Anyone tried Basil Hayden Dark Rye? They have it on the cheap by me, but I read a review and it sounds like it might be too sweet for me (it has port in it, and it only 80 proof). Just curious what anyone who's tried it has for an opinion.
Thanks.

I was curious at one point and read a couple reviews that weren’t that good so I haven’t tried it but hey if it’s cheap try it out and let us know.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0

I honestly like the Dark Rye over the regular BH, but yes it is sweet, so I wouldn't recommend more than one in one sitting. I suggest going to your local watering hole that offers it and get a sample.