What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Didn’t get a chance last night but a well deserved pour after spending 8 hours this past weekend painting my shed that I’ve had installed since just before Thanksgiving. Just been waiting on warmer, dry weather and some free time. Oh it was definitely warm this past weekend in MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You can actually taste the port they add on he finish, it's more sweet than spicy. A nice change of pace, but not going to be replacing it when I'm through.
Trying to kill off some more empty bottles. MWND tonight. Good as always.

So both you guys are sipping heavily finished ryes. Normally, I dont like the finished stuff as normal pours. I love them with cigars though...

How does everyone pair their cigars/booze? Prefer to match similar tastes, or contrast? A spicy Nica puro with a bold rye, or sweet bourbon/rum?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
So both you guys are sipping heavily finished ryes. Normally, I dont like the finished stuff as normal pours. I love them with cigars though...

How does everyone pair their cigars/booze? Prefer to match similar tastes, or contrast? A spicy Nica puro with a bold rye, or sweet bourbon/rum?
My bourbon palate just isn't that sophisticated yet. I try different bourbons with the cigars and if I come across a pairing that works really well, I'll take note of it.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0

I'll be honest, I rarely pair cigars and booze. I either drink coke (diet) or water when smoking. I don't smoke enough currently in my life so the pairing is overwhelming. Lame I know.....haha

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

I don’t really try and pair based on how I think or know the two will park. I usually just teach for what I’m feeling both the whiskey/ beer and cigar. Sometimes they compliment and sometimes they contrast which both can be good. Which that said I don’t reach for a lighter beer anymore with a cigar but my tastes have mostly changed to porters and stouts anyway which for the most part compliment a cigar.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I tend to select peated scotch, cask strength, higher proof or lower proof sweet bourbon, well aged dark rum and full bodied ryes with full bodied cigars. Wheated bourbons, highland or lighter, sweeter scotch and cognac with medium bodied cigars. Coffee, hot tea, or very light, blended Scotch (Monkey Shoulder) with milder cigars. I seldom drink beer or soft drinks so I've never explored those pairings. My most common pairing is filtered or bottled water with just about anything.

If you ever get to sit in on a tasting/pairing seminar they'll probably focus on Balance, Counterbalance and Explosion

One highly recommend bourbon that seems to pair well with most cigars is 4 Roses Yellow Label.

Another tasting opportunity is to try different foods with your pour. The possibilities are endless but a bit of Chocolate, roasted nuts, dried fruits, cheeses are just a few ideas. Each food will enhance, counterbalance or develop new flavors in your cigar. I had one friend swear that smoked salmon is a great pairing with Bourbon.