What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
What's your opinion of this one, haven't pulled the trigger on any.
It’s decent but not outstanding. Definitely got better as the bottle has gone down. Won’t replace with a newer batch without reading a review first . B520 hasn’t gotten great reviews so wont seek that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
So last night I had a pour of Elmer T Lee. I was thinking about the Hancock Reserve I bought a couple weeks ago, and how it was one of only three BT products to be made with Mashbill #2, along with ETL and Blanton's SiB. So I decided to have a pour of all 3 back to back.

The similarities between the flavor profiles is obvious, but there are also significant differences. The big question, how would I rank them without considering cost. I understand that different things can affect the palate and I might rate them differently on a different day, but I'm pretty confident with the result.

1) Blanton's
2) Hancock's
3) ETL

Crazy because ETL is by far the more expensive on the secondary market. So good for my wallet going. Frankly, I'm unlikely to buy the ETL or Hancock's again as my palate definitely prefers the higher proof and heat now. Blanton's, I'd buy that under $60 or so.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Found a new honey hole...well. sorta, prices are high, just appreciated seeing stuff I haven't seen in the wild around here. Larceny Barrel Proof (passed based on @marshall9779 's thoughts), McKenna 10 Year, Barrel store picks, older Booker's (but nothing new to me), bunch of other things I forgot. Most of it was within $10-15 of MSRP (McKenna's an exception at $69, hard pass), so I will definitely drop in once a month or so and see what's new. Only thing I bought was the newest ECBP batch, first time seeing it in the wild.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Back to back pours of the 2 most recent Booker's batches (Beaten Biscuits & Granny's) to see which I preferred. Granny's beat out the Buscuits, but neither is in my top 5 Booker's releases.