What's new

Today's Bourbon

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Which part of Tejas are you in Carlos? I have friends in DFW who seem to get everything under the sun by them....
Houston :confused: I've heard similar from friends near Austin that they can usually score bottles pretty easily. I'm considering a road trip weekend to just clean house on some sweet sweet allocated bottles.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
A couple of trade acquisitions yesterday. The Maker's Mark is one of the finished series from 2020... I liked both the 2021s so well that I figured I'd give this a try.

Then I got a Remus Volstead, a one time 2019 release of 14 year MGP at 100 proof. I just heard today that they're talking about a 15 year one in the future. Traded a couple nice bottles for it, but I tried this one in a club about 3 months ago and it really is special.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Picked up a pair of Barrell Single Barrel picks from a semi-local store. 8 year MGP, I'm hoping these are killer. Word is that numerous stores in this area are getting 8 year MGP barrels from Barrell for picks, but that this store was first to taste and to choose.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Those who know me know I like the high proof stuff. But some of my local friends in the know say that some of the hidden gems of the Elijah Craig Private Barrels are the high age, lower proof barrels. So I grabbed a pair of 11 year old, 118 proof bottles to see if the theory holds with my palate.

I wasn't disappointed with the first pour, but I'll revisit in a couple/few weeks and see how it opnes up.

Cranked it back up to 130 to finish off the Rangers - Dolts game.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cracked my new Barrell single barrel pick, 8 years MGP. Glad I grabbed 2, this is complex and delicious with notes that include chocolate covered cherries and dark fruit. Think I may go grab a couple more before they sell out.