What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Single barrel pick from a friend's group in Arizona. My first time having anything from Wilderness Trail, this pick is pretty solid with a bit of sweetness and rye that doesn't overwhelm.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Most of the Booker's batches will have peanut to some degree, Carlos, but in different forms and intensities. Some have notes of peanut brittle, others the taste of salted shells. Just a Beam thing.

I'd put Lumberyard at #2 of the last 3 years of releases, right behind Bardstown (21-03).
Bardstown was the one I actually chased to no avail last year. I'm glad I found another Lumberyard in addition to the one I picked up direct from Beam! Rolling three deep on the Booker's now. Still need to open Tagalong.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Single barrel pick from a friend's group in Arizona. My first time having anything from Wilderness Trail, this pick is pretty solid with a bit of sweetness and rye that doesn't overwhelm.

I absolutely LOVE their Single Barrel BiB. It's delicious.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Tom -

Honestly, I didn’t try it. I was more interested in the Stellum and Penelope choices. Both were good however the Penelope was really smooth.

Thanks,

Brian
Funny Brian, I actually tried both Penelope and Stellum for the first time a couple weekends ago. They were both single barrel picks so I know they vary widely, but the Stellum was the standout for us that day.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Traded for one I have been wanting for awhile but refused to pay the ridiculous secondary prices. I had a pour at a friend's place in August and it was delicious.

Thought about cracking it last night, but decided to have a couple old Booker's instead (15-03 Center Cut & 18-03 Kentucky Chew).