What's new

Today's Brew (May 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Tonight I had some Monsooned Malabar Coehlo's Gold.
This is a very unique coffee that according to the reviews is a "love it" or "hate it" kind of thing. I love it. I think it's mostly used in blends for espresso. I don't have an espresso machine (yet) but have been wanting to try it. The processing of these beans is pretty unique. After picking, the beans are layed out in open sided warehouses until and through the Monsoon season in India, exposing them to the monsoon wind and moisture. The whole process can take over a year. The resulting bean is pretty large, light in weight and a yellowish color instead of the usual green.
I roasted them to Full City and let them rest for several days before brewing in a drip machine. The flavor is very earthy and musty. Very different but I like it.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yeah man, come on out and visit or I can send you some to try. I'd be interested in other opinions to see if it really is any good or if I just have bad taste in coffee!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Well, if you do make it out here maybe we can get David out of his house and check out the races at Summit Point (1 mile from here) and then take you over to the Isaac Walton League range (5 miles from here) to get you a little hands on experience with Glocks. Oh yeah, and drink home roasted coffee and smoke cigars of course.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
windowrx said:
Well, if you do make it out here maybe we can get David out of his house and check out the races at Summit Point (1 mile from here) and then take you over to the Isaac Walton League range (5 miles from here) to get you a little hands on experience with Glocks. Oh yeah, and drink home roasted coffee and smoke cigars of course.
Screw that...let's play the slots at Charles Town!!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Not a good coffee morning for me. I've been thinking about trying some blending lately and realized this morning that I had some Java and some Yemen Mocca Sanani roasted so I decided to try the classic Mocca/Java blend. What I realized too late was that the Java was a little old and stale. I brewed it anyway thinking the Yemen would balance it out. Wrong. All I could taste was the rancid flavor of the stale Java. I rinsed everything out and cleaned the grinder and went for one of my never-fail favs, Indian Mysore Nuggets. I don't know why but still all I could taste was the flavor of the stale beans.
Heavy Sigh!

Status
Not open for further replies.