What's new

Today's Scotch

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just a simple Glenfidditch 12 recently.

I don't get into anything exotic because I can't appreciate it enough (nor do I really care to - does it taste good? yes - ok good because I'm not worried about the nuances and intricacies)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a simple Glenfidditch 12 recently.

I don't get into anything exotic because I can't appreciate it enough (nor do I really care to - does it taste good? yes - ok good because I'm not worried about the nuances and intricacies)
On the contrary. Glenfidditch is quite exotic. I’ve never had it and am pretty sure no one on this thread has.

Trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Not trying to hi jack this thread, but my question is about Scotch. Have a bottle of McCallans 12 year old, it was given me by a friend 15 -18 years ago. Has it got better, or is it as it was when bottled?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to hi jack this thread, but my question is about Scotch. Have a bottle of McCallans 12 year old, it was given me by a friend 15 -18 years ago. Has it got better, or is it as it was when bottled?
Once it comes out of the cask and is bottled, assuming it is not exposed to direct sunlight, scotch will neither improve nor deteriorate.

The good news is, Macallan is pretty darn good already.

Trout

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Once it comes out of the cask and is bottled, assuming it is not exposed to direct sunlight, scotch will neither improve nor deteriorate.

The good news is, Macallan is pretty darn good already.

Trout

I was pretty sure of the answer, but had to ask. The guy who gave me the bottle use to give me three bottle each fall for watching his house. I kept the last one after he died.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not much of a Scotch drinker but in memory of a h.s. classmate that suddenly passed away last night - Lagavulin 16.
To my DMHS, Class of '73 brother, John "Mr. FBI / Operation Bullpen" Ferreira, RIP my friend! Hope the salmon are biting and the crabs overflowing your nets up there....

IMG_1224.JPG

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
On the contrary. Glenfidditch is quite exotic. I’ve never had it and am pretty sure no one on this thread has.

Trout

Glenfidditch 12 is all apple and pear. Simple, straightforward, inexpensive goodness to me. I always have a bottle opened here at the house.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s gotten hard to find. Headed to Scotland in 2 weeks and it’s on my list to hunt for.

By the way, for those who go, you have to go to Dufftown. A half dozen distilleries there, including Glen Fiddich and Balvenie, and Glen Livet is near by. Dozens more in the area.

The Balvenie Castle, also in Dufftown is one of the better ruins you can tour.

But the coolest thing there is the Speyside Cooperage where they reassemble the Kentucky bourbon barrels that had been broken down for shipping...amazing to witness.

If you want to learn about scotch, this is Mecca. Stay at the Downans Hotel in Aberlour. The pic is of part of their collection of scotches.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Picked this up today, a new one to me:

I haven’t had the Laphroaig 10 in a while...too many, so little time...but in comparison, I’d say this one is every so slightly sweeter, with spiced, floral notes; a rounder, gentler mouthfeel, and more depth of flavor. Oak is present but not assertive, nor is smoke. It finishes with notes suggesting mature hay or fall leaves. Nice.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s gotten hard to find. Headed to Scotland in 2 weeks and it’s on my list to hunt for.

By the way, for those who go, you have to go to Dufftown. A half dozen distilleries there, including Glen Fiddich and Balvenie, and Glen Livet is near by. Dozens more in the area.

The Balvenie Castle, also in Dufftown is one of the better ruins you can tour.

But the coolest thing there is the Speyside Cooperage where they reassemble the Kentucky bourbon barrels that had been broken down for shipping...amazing to witness.

If you want to learn about scotch, this is Mecca. Stay at the Downans Hotel in Aberlour. The pic is of part of their collection of scotches.

Found it. Amsterdam Duty Free.

Trout

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

At Culloden House Hotel, Inverness, Scotland.

(Tomatin Distillery is in Inverness, FYI)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oban 14 on the ferry from Ullapool to Stornoway. £5.25 for a double.

I love Scotland...

Trout