What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried this one from a box dated July-07. Had meant to keep them a year longer before trying but felt I had to at least sample them to see what they are like young...:thumbsup:

Very good draw, almost easy and excellent construction (not often I can say that with cubans..) Spicy, a bit of citrus and eathy tones, quite a bit of sharpness in the back of my mouth for the first third, which then mellowed own to a more "standard" Montecristo taste of earthy barnlike flavours and some saltiness.

Quite ok now, but will probably be excellent with age. Will save the other 9 until at least Christmas 2009...

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Was given a Boli Belicoso while hosting a (multi-occasion) cookout Saturday..

Truly an all-star cigar cookout for the books!! (Monty 2's, P-Luci's, Juan L's, RyJ shorty's, ESG, 1926 Anni's, P-160, of course this wasn't all me!) But the arroma from my backyard was just heavenly!

I've only had one other (Bolivar) & it was two tight of a draw to enjoy. Not this one! It burned evenly and it had a pleasant if not medium strength with plenty of the classic 'island flavor'. I thoroughly enjoyed it, yet when compared with a RyJ short churchill (which was still young), puffing on both to compare, it became clear that the RyJ won out on both strength & flavor...

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I am now smoking a Man O War (corona gorda?)...
This has to be right up there with one of the best 'house-blends' ever... Although I'm definitely partial to the Miami Vegas - Pepin goodness!

That's an Idea for a good thread:

What's the Best/Worst 'house-blend' that you have tried?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I smoked an Oliva Serie V Torpedo out on the porch... it was a fantastic day too, very satisfying smoke all around.

I was listening to the radio, and accidentally tuned in to Radio Habana, which apparently can make it to Kansas City via shortwave. Tempting though it was to hear Communist-slanted coverage of the presidential election, I switched over to Limbaugh on the AM...

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Sat outside this evening and thoroughly enjoyed a PLPC. If I could smoke one every day, I`d never get tired of them.

:inlove:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
worked my A$$ off today hiking through the river bottom. dead-A$$ tired. just finished dinner. no smoke today. going to bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.