What's new

Today's Smoke - 2022

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I’ve been wanting to try a Short Story maduro. I’ve got a few natural wrapped, but they just don’t do it for me like they used to.
I definitely like the maduro over the natural, but always enjoyed the naturals quite a bit.

Had been years since I had either as I prefer the Signature or Classic Hemingway's for the longer smoke time, but should pick up some short stories to have on hand for a quick smoke when needed.

Not even sure of the prices on either anymore, or where to get the maduros as I got this one in a bomb. The maduros used to be impossible to find except at Casa Fuente in Las Vegas. No idea what its like now

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I definitely like the maduro over the natural, but always enjoyed the naturals quite a bit.

Had been years since I had either as I prefer the Signature or Classic Hemingway's for the longer smoke time, but should pick up some short stories to have on hand for a quick smoke when needed.

Not even sure of the prices on either anymore, or where to get the maduros as I got this one in a bomb. The maduros used to be impossible to find except at Casa Fuente in Las Vegas. No idea what its like now

I friggin' LOVE cigars
They had some maduros on cbid of all places as of a few days ago. Prior to that, I was able to score a fiver off Fox year before last but yeah...very rare. Same for the Anejos.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They had some maduros on cbid of all places as of a few days ago. Prior to that, I was able to score a fiver off Fox year before last but yeah...very rare. Same for the Anejos.
No idea why they are nearly impossible to get. AF would definitely make decent sales on the maduros I'm sure, so don't get why they aren't all over the place like the naturals.

Just seems like an odd business decision to me

I friggin' LOVE cigars

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Illusione Burn
So I bought 3 of these in July, smoked one, @BloodWood and @heavyd got the other two. They were shockingly mild compared to the first one I had in 2013
I bought 2 more from a different box in August, and this was one of them. A completely different cigar, very much on the medium+ bodied side, and great flavor like I remember.
How is this possible??? Did the 4 months in my cigar jar really cause a drastic change or were the three I got in July from a bad batch?:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mark Twain No.1

Never heard of these before and couldn't Google up who makes them, but very smooth and tasty. A solid medium to the nub.

Draw was perfect.

Burn was pretty good except for one time starting to tunnel fairly early on about 2 inches back from the foot, but was able to stop it.

Construction wise, cap was tiny, and even the smallest cut with the cutter laying on a flat surface, cut the entire cap and the wrapper started to peel immediately. Fixed easily with a little glue though and no other issues.

Should have used my punch instead, but didn't notice how small the cap was .

Overall, a very tasty smoke and that's what matters