What's new

Today's Smoke - 2022

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
JC Newman Factory Throwouts No.99 Churchill

First half required 5 or more puffs to get any smoke volume at all, and thus had little flavor. 2nd half improved to 3 puffs for good smoke volume and there was finally some flavor, which was mediocre.

Burn was uneven by about an inch the entire time in spite of correction attempts, and the coal was conical and roughly 2 inches long by the second half.

Construction was mediocre at best with the ridiculously long coal and very tight roll

Overall, a dud, unlike the other couple I've had which were pretty good.

Really hate it when my first cigar of the day is a serious disappointment. Not how I prefer to start my day.

Oh well, for the price, this is to be expected i guess. 20220103_081459.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oliva 2nds Churchill

Very good taste, a mild-medium to medium all the way to the nub

Burn required a couple corrections very early on, but straightened out nicely for the majority of the cigar.

Appearance, draw and construction were perfect.

No idea what makes these seconds.

I suspect that they are pretty much regular Olivas just possibly being blended differently and sold as bundles on the cheap to sell more cigars and capture some of the market for bundles.

Who knows though

Overall, definitely worth the couple bucks a piece

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I had a shit day at work, my dinner was under cooked, and my smoke shed smells of gasoline and generator exhaust. So, I think I'll reserve judgement on the stick.

Edit:
I found out why my shed reeked. They decided to run the generator inside and of course they had the door closed. They wanted to make sure it didn't get wet.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CAO Criollo Bomba

Excellent taste, just like i remember from smoking a lot of them back in my early years of being a regular cigar smoker.

I thought these were discontinued as when I searched for them a while ago, thats what evey vendor was showing. Now suddenly the Bombas are available all over the place.

Perfect burn and construction.

Draw was pretty tight the first half even though I used my PerfecDraw tool through both end, and even my much larger Modus II when I tested the cold draw.

Improved quite a bit in the second half though.

All in all, a great tasting smoke. Will definitely be buying a larger supply in the future as i only bought a 5 Pack to test them

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk