What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How do these compare to pork ribs purchased at the meat counter? Do you smoke them the same or are they leaner? How is the taste?
Much leaner. The flavor is similar but the texture is different. I thought they would dry out and be tough but they weren’t at all. I smoked them the same as farm pork but I wrapped them the last 30 mins out of paranoia but they really didn’t need the wrap. The rest of the hog we made breakfast sausage and steaks for chicken frying.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
We made Texas Monthly magazine best bites of 2018 list for our pork steak. I’m Bodacious Hallsville on this list. Last year we made the list for our brisket so to make the list 2 years in a row for different meats I’m shocked!

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/the-best-texas-bbq-bites-of-2018/
I was disapointed that there was no pic of the pork steak. I love them, a summer time staple for us. And i know several people that have no idea what one looks like.
Btw, read the write up on your business, now i am hungry! Thanks man, it all sounds great. Now just need to go to TX!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was disapointed that there was no pic of the pork steak. I love them, a summer time staple for us. And i know several people that have no idea what one looks like.
Me too! I take a mean pork steak photo. XD

Pork steaks are fairly new to us. We’ve only been selling them a couple years. I think anyone had a good pork steak would pass on pulled pork from then on.
65F854BB-A6DE-4CB9-A555-AAE698E0D1D5.jpeg

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Got an electric smoker and Bluetooth meat thermometer for Christmas. Decided to christen it today with a pork butt. Never messed with smokers before, we’ll see how it turns out.
View attachment 128957
https://amazingribs.com/

They have a ton of useful tips and techniques. Also break down the science of meat and BBQ.
I have a similar smoker to yours that I love for sausage and jerky.

Stupid Tapatalk