What's new

Today's Wine

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
After being introduced to a 2011 baby bear a couple of weeks ago thought I'd try something in the bargain basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Been a while since I hit this thread up! Glad to see guys posting! I had Coopers Hawk Barrel Reserve tonight. It's my favorite of what they make. Very solid.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Been a while since I hit this thread up! Glad to see guys posting! I had Coopers Hawk Barrel Reserve tonight. It's my favorite of what they make. Very solid.

The only pour I get when I go there - so good

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Oddly enough, I haven't yet had a mead that I've been crazy about. My favorite sweet treats are botrytized wines like Beerenauslese, Trockenbeerenauslese, Sauternes, and certain others such as the Botrytis Viognier from Yalumba.
you mind telling me which ones you have tried?
There are some awesome ones out there that are grape based (pyments) . I made one a few years ago with Semillon grapes & apricot to kind of mirror a sauternes

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you mind telling me which ones you have tried?
I've forgotten far more than I can remember but a couple were from Chateau Rieussec, Chateau Miselle, and Chateau Belingard, IIRC. Nothing too high on the shelf but enjoyable all the same. I've forgotten most of the labels I had in Germany (except Weingut am Rosenberg and perhaps one or two others) but in the US, I think I've had both the BA and TBA from Dr. Loosen; I think the Berkasteler Doctor BA; and maybe even one or both from Schmitt Söhne.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I've forgotten far more than I can remember but a couple were from Chateau Rieussec, Chateau Miselle, and Chateau Belingard, IIRC. Nothing too high on the shelf but enjoyable all the same. I've forgotten most of the labels I had in Germany (except Weingut am Rosenberg and perhaps one or two others) but in the US, I think I've had both the BA and TBA from Dr. Loosen; I think the Berkasteler Doctor BA; and maybe even one or both from Schmitt Söhne.
I meant which meads

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gifted to us by one of The Wife's customers:

He suggested letting it breathe for an hour but instead, I decanted it through an aeration funnel, then again back into the bottle. Moderate tannins, plum and jam without heaviness...leather, straw, paper, and some minerality in a finish that doesn't wear out its welcome.