What's new

Today's workout

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nothing in particular for traps. I used high pulls a lot. That and lots of slow shrugs for time under tension.

One thing people miss is that trap muscles are kind of fan shaped. So, instead of dragging the dumbbell straight up your legs for shrugs, try to use a little bit of rearward motion. Visualize it as trying to get your shoulder slightly behind your ear instead of in your ear canal.

You can also combine a 60 second suitcase carry with a set of mild upright rows. At max height keep the weight between your sternum and nipples for shoulder safety. You get a long weighted stretch that can benefit hypertrophy and counter act a little bit of the performance issue that comes with long stretches. Just be careful with the weight, watch for signs of stress on the cervical spine, and try to follow the natural path of the muscle.

Dumbbell clean and press may also help, but it is a full body exercise and you should start light until you get the groove.

Edit: When doing trap work don't roll your shoulder forward at the top. I know some people do shoulder circles while doing shrugs. I recommend against it because when your trap is completely contracted you're adding a stretch to the muscle. It can lead to neck pain or worse if you get too extreme with it. There are a ton of small muscles in the posterior delta that work to support and add mobility. You could over stress one and lead to nagging issues.
Thanks man!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vestibular Therapy for 45 minutes with a physical therapist.

Talked to a PT friend today and he said to quit lifting for two to three weeks. His advice was that anything that involves stress on the neck or shoulders can effect nerves and blood flow in ways that can mess with the electric signals and blood to the brain. So, cardio and yoga and see if there is a return to base line. Anything that causes symptoms should be stopped immediately.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This popped in to my feed today. I thought you might find it a bit interesting. I only tried a few reps with a kb, but it seems like it should work. Just be mindful of the weight and any strain on the spine.
Thanks! Gonna try that tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
.62 miles up hill both ways on a dirt road.
.16 miles weighted carries on the side walk and driveway.

Symptoms are kicking in and it feels weird with the workout endorphins.