What's new

Today's workout

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
12 two handed KB swings, 12 iso lateral OHP, 12 bulldozer lateral raises,12 bent over rows, 10 shrugs

Rest

Pull overs, skull crushers, floor presses - 15 reps each

Two rounds and then puke, shower, nap

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been watching a lot of this guy's videos. He is an IFBB pro and was formerly sponsored by Animal. But, he has some advice on movement that really works for me.

I woke up this morning and really didn't feel yesterday's workout in my muscles. So, I decided to run some resistance band stuff using his advice from various videos.

3 sets
Incline chest fly, tricep press across(?), standing back rows, straight arm pull downs x 15 reps

I will tell you that I used embarrassingly light weight and got a good pump. I also jump started my soreness. I was sitting for lunch about three hours later and my left triceps cramped while I was trying to dip a nacho. It wouldn't have been humiliating except there was an involuntary squeak. :LOL:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've been watching a lot of this guy's videos. He is an IFBB pro and was formerly sponsored by Animal. But, he has some advice on movement that really works for me.

I woke up this morning and really didn't feel yesterday's workout in my muscles. So, I decided to run some resistance band stuff using his advice from various videos.

3 sets
Incline chest fly, tricep press across(?), standing back rows, straight arm pull downs x 15 reps

I will tell you that I used embarrassingly light weight and got a good pump. I also jump started my soreness. I was sitting for lunch about three hours later and my left triceps cramped while I was trying to dip a nacho. It wouldn't have been humiliating except there was an involuntary squeak. :LOL:
Psssh, if you use light weight but do high reps or super slow reps, it can be absolutely agonizing. I will do 5 sets of super slow 21s with my wife's 15lb dumbbells sometimes to finish a bicep workout and my arms will be absolute jello for the rest of the day.

I've also gotten amazing pumps from doing high reps with cheapo Walmart resistance bands. Whatever works, works!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Psssh, if you use light weight but do high reps or super slow reps, it can be absolutely agonizing. I will do 5 sets of super slow 21s with my wife's 15lb dumbbells sometimes to finish a bicep workout and my arms will be absolute jello for the rest of the day.

I've also gotten amazing pumps from doing high reps with cheapo Walmart resistance bands. Whatever works, works!
I got a set of quality resistance tubes/bands about 12.5 years ago. They are great to use like a cable machine or for dynamic work.

I know dynamic work is controversial these days, but I still believe plyometrics and dynamic band work (barbell work too) fill a real world need if you have to put hands on people. Strength and being able to grind on the ground are super important, but you can't convince me there isn't an advantage to being able to explode from a stop. I firmly believe that it is the reason that in twelve years of dealing with violent psych patients and criminals my only injuries happened because someone else messed up.

At my peak I could go from ass to grass to full calf raise position with 75% of my body weight in under a second using a safety squat bar. If you can hit someone with 350lbs of force in less than a second, it throws their plans off the rails. Combine that with being able to leap forward, backward, and laterally with 46lbs attached to your ankles or waist without losing balance. Now you've got hundreds of pounds of force that is stable and easily directed where you want.

These are some of the first dynamic band moves I used and they unlocked a world of possibilities. When I first started he had a "Football Training" series you could access for free and it was way more in depth. Plus, it included conditioning drills to teach you to recover in the time on a play clock.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw the kettlebell variation and had a thought. "I feel like garbage, but I've got to try this." That was the thought.

KB curls and variations x who really counts + drop sets = I am an idiot with sore arms.

Bent over back row 2x12
OHP 10 reps with elbows at 45° angle from torso
Bulldozer lateral raise x 5
Shoulder rows 2 x 11
Single arm shoulder row for extended stretch and rotation 1x12

Watch the world spin, throw up, shower, and nap

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A rest day is what I'm planning. I worked out Saturday and Sunday on top of having social engagements. Today I am exhausted and have issues with eye fatigue, mental fog, and headache.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tried to do chest and ended up with an awesome back pump.

I can't feel chest for shit lately. So, I was going with heavier pull overs in the John Meadows style. I could feel some in my chest, but damn everything from mid scapula down is pumped.

Now it is time to shower and head to vestibular therapy. If I don't feel completely dead I might try biceps and triceps this afternoon.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Suitcase carry, rack carry, modified shield carry - 530ft total x 2

3 minute rest

Suitcase carry -> Rack carry forward and reverse - 424ft x 3

.35 mile walk with elevation changes.

I think I burned off one tortilla.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've given up trying to understand what's going on...all evidence seems to point to recomping for now. The scale has stayed flat, but I've lost another 1/2" off my waist but gained 1/2" on my arms...the latter of which was needed because I felt like they were tiny after I started trying to cut. That initial water weight/glycogen/fat loss knocked them down almost 3/4" :oops: :cry:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've given up trying to understand what's going on...all evidence seems to point to recomping for now. The scale has stayed flat, but I've lost another 1/2" off my waist but gained 1/2" on my arms...the latter of which was needed because I felt like they were tiny after I started trying to cut. That initial water weight/glycogen/fat loss knocked them down almost 3/4" :oops: :cry:
Trying to bulk, cut, recomp and all of that is too complicated for me. I don't see the point unless a body building show is in the future. Getting it just right would run me crazy and the daily changes were infuriating.

Oh, you ate 3% more sodium yesterday. Have fun figuring out why you gained 4lbs in your sleep. You switched to broccoli after a week of rice with every lunch? Enjoy the extra belly bloat while we process the fiber.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Trying to bulk, cut, recomp and all of that is too complicated for me. I don't see the point unless a body building show is in the future. Getting it just right would run me crazy and the daily changes were infuriating.

Oh, you ate 3% more sodium yesterday. Have fun figuring out why you gained 4lbs in your sleep. You switched to broccoli after a week of rice with every lunch? Enjoy the extra belly bloat while we process the fiber.
Yup. I think my process of weights and clean eating during the week, but easing up on diet on the weekends is slowly working (while making sure to get my 200g protein daily). It's a lot less stressful than constantly worrying about if the restaurant the family wants to go to on saturday will have plain grilled fish or if I have to ask for it without the butter sauce, etc etc etc. Lift the heavy things, eat the proteiny things, and do it consistently. That is what matters.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
.66 mile walk on an old dirt track with uneven terrain and small elevation changes. The wife wanted to go do some rehab for her back and I went along to make sure she didn't have any issues.

Now I have officially overdone it for the day.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A lot of stuff trying to hit chest. For some reason my shoulders keep taking over unless I use a short range of motion. It is starting to drive me crazy. Now getting ready for vestibular therapy.

Unrelated bonus video.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had my worst day at vestibular therapy in a few weeks. Bosu Ball squats do work the hell out of your legs and joints. The squatting combined with the shaking had my head pounding, ears ringing, and vision blurred. But the walking forward and backward while tossing a ball to the therapist is what made me nearly puke.

:hungover::mad: