What's new

Today's workout

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
10 minute arms
Pick two biceps / triceps super sets and run them as a continuous circuit for ten minutes.

I was shooting for 20+ reps and by the end I was doing rest pause and drop sets.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got back from vestibular therapy and feel like garbage. My head is fuzzy and heavy. There is some serious pressure and thoughts are slow.

On the downside the PT said that he doesn't know what to do. He outright said it is time to considered vocational retraining or permanent disability.

We'll see what the main doctor says today.

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Chest Biceps

Dumbbell bench press x 5 sets
Decline bench press x 5 sets
Incline flyes x 4 sets
Barbell curls x 5 sets
Preacher curls x 4 sets

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just got back from vestibular therapy and feel like garbage. My head is fuzzy and heavy. There is some serious pressure and thoughts are slow.

On the downside the PT said that he doesn't know what to do. He outright said it is time to considered vocational retraining or permanent disability.

We'll see what the main doctor says today.
Dammit, I surely hope that's not the case. Hoping for good news, Mike.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Up an at it boyos.
First .51 miles of the day in with a mix of vestibular ball tosses and a short hill sprint in the mix.

Time for water as I wait for the world to stop spinning.

Edit
10 single arm kb cleans / 10 single arm kb bent over rows x 2 sets

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
3 minutes of pullovers with only a fifteen count pause (I lost count after 35 reps) and it felt super light. The muscular fatigue is way down, but the dizziness is worse when I stop. Maybe the medicine is helping or maybe it was sleeping nine hours?

Edit: 3 minute alternating single arm OHP / two hand front raise super set.

E2: 30 stiff leg KB deadlifts with super light weight.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2.2 miles while getting my kid from camp and doing all of the final day stuff.

All of the elevators were out of order. So, I had to carry the heavy stuff down eight flights of stairs and up four at the parking garage. I'm counting it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rest day

Yesterday wiped me out. The new meds are blunting the worst symptoms, but I slept ten hours and still feel wrecked.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The weekend was rough. Even though I was super fatigued from the symptoms I only slept four hours Saturday night. Then last night I slept about ten because I was exhausted.

The medicine is helping, it rounds the edges off the symptoms. It is less of a crushing fatigue, pressure, and headache. Now it feels much more cozy, like pull up a blanket and slide off in to a nap. Plus I would say I have about 25% more capacity in vestibular exercises. The down side is my mouth stays dry and when the symptoms hit there isn't a gradient. It is a brick wall.

Today:
.53 mile walk
10 min vestibular therapy

I may do some resistance work later, but need to keep something in the tank because I have to drive for a couple of errands.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last night I worked in some back and rear delts before dinner. Nothing too crazy just super low weight and high rep work until the muscle started to cramp. Myo reps I think is what they call it now.

.36 mile walk after breakfast

I've got a lot of running around to do today. I'll get in something else this evening.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Called an audible yesterday and didn't superset back and chest. Gym was full of kids and it was definitely International Chest Monday. I did back alone and doubled down on the sets. I'll hit chest with shoulders and tris today, and push legs back to tomorrow.

Barbell rows x 5 sets
T-bar rows x 5 sets
Pullups x 5 sets
Rear delt flyes x 4 sets
Super wide pulldowns x 4 sets

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did my walking and then had to walk with my wife because the neighbor's dogs were getting aggressive. I am nauseous, my ears are ringing, I'm dizzy, and the pressure in my head is crazy.

I think I pushed too far all at once.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found one of my old workout logs. The program was labeled "Machine Muscle."

Chest/Shoulders/Tri

Lifestyle Fitness Seated Chest Press 3x10 ->1*8
Hammer Strength Incline Press (plate loaded) 3*10-12
Shoulder Press LS Fitness 4*10
Cable Upright Row 4*10-12
Lateral Raise Machine 4*10-12
Tricep Extension 4*10-12 -> 1 set to failure
Dips 2 sets to failure

Definitely not optimal, and it took forever.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last night I hit pullovers and one handed KB deadlifts. I went super light (15lbs) on the deadlifts. It was more to see if the medicine is working on vestibular issues with bending and standing. On pullovers I added about 10% weight and did a quick couple of sets of twelve.

This morning I went for a quick walk after breakfast, but I kept it short to avoid symptoms.