What's new

Today's workout

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good to see you celebrated international chest day. I always liked to squat on Monday. The racks were empty.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silent Scream is a killer track. That double bass...:punch: Slayer is some of the best workout music. \m/

My workouts have been shit for the last week because I've been fighting off a cold that won't go away. This afternoon is leg day. fffffuuuuu

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Silent Scream is a killer track. That double bass...:punch: Slayer is some of the best workout music. \m/

My workouts have been shit for the last week because I've been fighting off a cold that won't go away. This afternoon is leg day. fffffuuuuu
Hope you get back in and post up. Yesterday was my first day back hope the thread and accountability inspires people to keep at it. We had a thread like this before but I couldn't find it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you get back in and post up. Yesterday was my first day back hope the thread and accountability inspires people to keep at it. We had a thread like this before but I couldn't find it.
Of course. I've been hitting the gym consistently for the last 2 years and a bit, so it's basic routine for me at this point. Some days I go in and go beast mode, other days I go in and kind of drag my ass.

Unfortunately, today wasn't a beast mode day. Still a bit low on energy from being sick, and I'm working nights right now, so I'm always pretty tired. But a shitty workout is better than none at all. Tomorrow I'll be doing Chest/Triceps.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
today was cardio for me. Ran a solid mile then hit the bleachers at the football stadium for almost 30 mins. Forgot how tiring that can be, but I'll be back to do it again. Need to do some major calorie burning of the next 2 weeks to cut some fat. Been hitting the weights hard and the cardio not as hard and packed on some mass. And the eating hasn't been the best as of late.

Oh, gotta go...time for dessert!!!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
7 years of consistent gym here. Love it so much I created a supp company

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Used to hit the gym regularly for 2 years...then it all stopped when I met my wife. lol. I will watch this thread for inspiration.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had to turn to biking lately, having some Achilles tendon issues. I prefer running, but oh well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Let's see if this thread can pick up some steam.

12 weeks ago I decided I needed to fix my skinny fat. Nearing 40 doesn't deal with the piles of junk I put into it so well!

I hate cardio so I found a 12 week program that mostly weight lifting. 12 weeks later (6 days a week in the gym about an hour) and I've made a solid improvement. I'm far happier with how I look. Now that the 12 weeks is up I've found another 12 week program to follow (I need the structure of having something laid out for me).

Today's workout is mostly lower body, glutes, etc. I try to add abs in nearly every day. This particular program is five days a week and still averaging 45 minutes or so per workout. Two days a week are "conditioning" (ie cardio) but it's super flexible so I'll be doing my own thing in there. Looking forward to continuing this improvement. Everything I shoot for is lean muscle type workouts. I have no interest in bulking.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Let's see if this thread can pick up some steam.

12 weeks ago I decided I needed to fix my skinny fat. Nearing 40 doesn't deal with the piles of junk I put into it so well!

I hate cardio so I found a 12 week program that mostly weight lifting. 12 weeks later (6 days a week in the gym about an hour) and I've made a solid improvement. I'm far happier with how I look. Now that the 12 weeks is up I've found another 12 week program to follow (I need the structure of having something laid out for me).

Today's workout is mostly lower body, glutes, etc. I try to add abs in nearly every day. This particular program is five days a week and still averaging 45 minutes or so per workout. Two days a week are "conditioning" (ie cardio) but it's super flexible so I'll be doing my own thing in there. Looking forward to continuing this improvement. Everything I shoot for is lean muscle type workouts. I have no interest in bulking.
Kettlebells, dude. Simple & Sinister is everything you've ever wanted.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Kettlebells, dude. Simple & Sinister is everything you've ever wanted.
Can't do it mentally. Too boring / repetitive.
For me to stick with a workout it has to fit a few things:
- structured
- varied (at least not the same thing all of the time - if the same workout routine is done on a rotating basis thats fine)
- no damn cardio (or at least not 45 minutes of it - I'll do 15 minute HIITs all day)

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Can't do it mentally. Too boring / repetitive.
For me to stick with a workout it has to fit a few things:
- structured
- varied (at least not the same thing all of the time - if the same workout routine is done on a rotating basis thats fine)
- no damn cardio (or at least not 45 minutes of it - I'll do 15 minute HIITs all day)
I can get you a copy of the S&S book if you want to look it over. You'd think it would be boring, but it's not. It's the same thing every day, but for me the focus is on mastery of the moves (100 swings, 10 TGU a day). Mastery in nailing every rep, in progressing from 2 handed to 1 handed, in increasing weight, of slowing down and breathing etc etc. Kind of like martial arts. But really nothing (exercise related) in my life has felt as good as heavy kettlebells swings, and there's nothing I have enjoyed more than Turkish get ups. It works for me, is all I'm saying. And there's definite structure (too structured for some people who can't see it to the end), and no cardio. Just a plan to develop strength, without the whole "chest day, leg day, etc etc" thing. The idea is to leave enough gas in the tank for other activities, where you don't need to rest a muscle group for days, and you can still focus on sport-specific training as needed. PM me if you're interested in a copy of the book.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
What happened everyone!?
Reviving this one!

Here’s this mornings session:

A1. Weighted pullup x 3
A2. KB military press x 6
x 3 rounds

B1. Weighted pullup 50% weight of A1 x 6
B2. KB military press 75% weight of A2 x 12
x 3 rounds

C1. KB goblet squat x 25
C2. KB 1-arm swing 15/15
x 3 rounds

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Wow....an oldie but a goodie. :D

Yesterday's workout was pull/push supersets.

T-bar rows/Bench press x 6 supersets
High pulls/Military press x 5 supersets
Barbell rows/Dips x 4 supersets

Reps started over 40 for the first superset and was down to about 28 for the last.