What's new

Trinidad Fundadores

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
but so much longer or does the taste prifle differ much? Me i smoke reyes like they are going out of style
I wouldn't say so. I preffer the Fundadores flavour, which to me is a sweet (like honey) coffee profile, against the woodsy flavour of the Reyes.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I wouldn't say so. I preffer the Fundadores flavour, which to me is a sweet (like honey) coffee profile, against the woodsy flavour of the Reyes.
I'm 100% in agreement with your assessment of their flavor profiles--as well as which is the preferable one.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
From what I hear; different flavor profiles. There are a large variety of Cohibas and Montes. Compariing a Funadore with all of them would be impossible.
And not only that, but one has to always bear in mind that to each pallate it's flavour profile: "different smokes for different folks." The best way to decide is to simply try them on ye yerself be the judge.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
From what I hear; different flavor profiles. There are a large variety of Cohibas and Montes. Compariing a Funadore with all of them would be impossible.
And not only that, but one has to always bear in mind that to each pallate it's flavour profile: "different smokes for different folks." The best way to decide is to simply try them on ye yerself be the judge.
I agree but I find the Cohiba lines to have an extremely distinct taste as compared to any other vitola, Cohiba's flavour profile differ greatly from a Montecristo and was originally meant to be rolled from the best of the best of tobaccos. From what I've read the Fundadore was rolled on request from Castro and was meant to be the best of the best of the best or so goes the urban legend.

Other than that people have extremely differing palettes but seem to be in agreement on what makes a great stick. Plus I find mood has a huge role to play in how you perceive the flavour.