Romeo y Julieta Cedro Dlx
CAO Brazilia
Casa Torano
Punch Rare Corojo (rothschild)
Alec Bradley MAXX
La Vieja
La Caya Cameroon
Trinidad (2002-3 churchill natural)

I feel like a lot of cigars are regularly smoked but are not necessarily noteworthy, or better, worthy of a lot of discussion. I smoke the Oliva G all the time- one of my very favorite cigars- and it gets great comments when mentioned, but IMO it would probably be on the verge of being "underrated."

Bear

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I feel La Aurora is underrated. They don't really go with trends and don't really have an image as most cigar manufacturers do, but they consistently make good cigars. It is unfortunate they don't sell well.

I enjoy both the La Aurora 107 that just came out and still enjoy the Barrel Aged that was released relatively recently.

Lastly, the 1495 to me is an extremely extremely underrated cigar. I love it, and I have been waiting to see it again on CigarMonster to snag some 5packs at $15 a piece.
I love Aurora and totally agree. Underrated and don't get much attention. Part of the reason for the lack of attention may have to do with their prices. At 15 a pc on most of their sticks, It may turn people away.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The JDN Celebracion Torpedo is a favorite and one I don't see much of is the Mayorga Gordito Torpedo. I smoke these regularly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of a fan of Padilla stuff but the Ser. 68 is a stick that I tend to forget that I like. So, possibly underrated. Medium bodied at best but consistent and fairly inexpensive.... And I agree, I think La Aurora would get more love if they were a bit less pricey (preferridos=very good)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Xikar HC Habana Colorado is a top ten all-time cigar, IMHO, which hasn't received nearly as much attention as it deserves. For well under $10, it is a steal. I had another one just this past weekend with a glass of J&B on the rocks. Chocolate, vanilla, and citrus, with just a very subtle hint of black pepper. Very complex and enjoyable. I high recommend it.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
There are a lot of underrated cigars that I like. But I think that overall the Liga Privada lines are the MOST underrated cigars out there.

Because people equate Drew Estates with infused sticks, many people are overlooking this newer brand. But both the No.9 and T-52 are right up there with the absolute best in my book (my #3 favorite line ATM after Tatuaje and Illusione).

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
There are a lot of underrated cigars that I like. But I think that overall the Liga Privada lines are the MOST underrated cigars out there.

Because people equate Drew Estates with infused sticks, many people are overlooking this newer brand. But both the No.9 and T-52 are right up there with the absolute best in my book (my #3 favorite line ATM after Tatuaje and Illusione).
I agree with this totally...people really don't know what they are missing...

Also, they are some of the best constructed sticks I have had, almost on a par with Padron...

~brooks

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
No argument from me on the LP line.......both the 9 and T 52 sit very comfortably in my top 10!

Under-rated, in the "general sense" perhaps, but b/c I'm sure A LOT of non-forum smoking brethren might avoid em' b/c of the 'infused' stigma with Drew Estates....but the LP's get a TON of love, on say Cbid for one. I haven't seen that here just yet though.....but perhaps that review of yours on the T 52 Nate might start the winds of change ;).

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Old Henry's.. Both Natural and Maduro. Pepin made and its tasty.

Tat Havana VI line. Most talk about the Brown, reserva, special or other lines, but these are bread and butter cigars.

Padron 2000 and 3000. Great staple cigar, everytime.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

They aren't underrated in my area. The T52 flies off the shelf whenever it comes in, haha.

I like J. Fuego's stuff too. He's a cool guy, I've met him a few times.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The LP9 took over the top spot as my favorite stick earlier this year. Such a wonderful smoke. The Viaje Platino also ranks in the top 5. My other favorites, which would be the WOAM, some Tatuaje and Illusione cant really be described as overlooked or under-rated LOL.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree with this totally...people really don't know what they are missing...

Also, they are some of the best constructed sticks I have had, almost on a par with Padron...

~brooks
I like the 9's, but can't stand the 52's. Something about the flavor.

Bear

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
La Vieja Habana are some good cigars and considering the pricepoint they are all that much better. Never see much on them though.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
The Don Lino 1989 Maduro is a great cigar that usually gets no attention. And if anyone recalls the CFO Reserva #7's and the Graffitti's they came out with, those were also great.