What's new

Username

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
So what does yours mean?

I have used this name since I registered for AIM. I use it for all boards and messaging programs.

When I was younger I was very into car audio.

So C(ar)audio

51 was my football number in high school.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
First, middle, and last name initials...I'm the 4th generation with this name :peace:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
cvm4 said:
First, middle, and last name initials...I'm the 4th generation with this name :peace:
Ok, Ok big shot....I am only the III and nothing I can do about it! :tongueout

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
When email was first coming into common use I had internet access at home but the company I worked for didn't. Architects, vendors and customers started wanting to email us at times and we had no way to recieve it so I hooked a phone line up to my work computer and brought my home account to work. Since the incoming mail could be for anyone I couldn't use my name or initials and had to come up with something generic yet at the same time I wanted it to pertain to the business we were in which was windows (the house kind). Most everything I tried for with windows in the name was already taken by MS Windows people. The only unclaimed name I could come up with was window rx (as in remedy) and the name stuck with me as my handle/screen name. I've been too lazy to come up with something different.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Good topic! Mine started with a few co-workers deciding to use AIM for quick work communication. Rather then getting caught in a long phone conversations we decided to use AOL IM for quick stuff. To derive that we were in work and not at home we used the initials of our name then "goldner" which is the company we work for. It worked out well and I just ended up using it for almost everything online to keep it simple.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've had 3 or 4 s/n's since the mid-90's, but I wanted something different here.

My wife is always calling me a doofus, so there you have it.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've used this forever. Through usenet, IRC, and modems long since forgotten. It comes from the lost colony of Roanoke--I'm a history buff (it was my major in college) and that particular story always fascinated me.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
croatan said:
I've used this forever. Through usenet, IRC, and modems long since forgotten. It comes from the lost colony of Roanoke--I'm a history buff (it was my major in college) and that particular story always fascinated me.
Now that has some meaning!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
croatan said:
That is an interesting bit of history. I was down in Manteo last spring and spent some time wandering around and learning some of the history of the "Lost Colony".

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have no freakin' clue where I got my username from. My AIM s/n however, mrc0mputer, with the 0 being a zero is crafty as all get out and you know it. :bigeyes:

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Mine was given to me when I first got online in 1995.

I used to chat in a program called Powwow and it would allow up to 8 people in the chat box. I developed a close knit group if 4-5 people that I chatted with on a daily basis.

For those of you that remember Powwow, it had a feature that allowed you to click a button and play a sound wav and everybody would hear it as long as the wav was on their hard drive. My favorite one being, "Were you born an asshole, or did you work at it your whole life? Anyway it worked out fine...cause you're an asshole tonite!"

After continously playing numerous wavs many, many, many nights in a row, the close knit group deemed me DWavs: D for David and Wavs for all the sound wavs I would play in Powwow. Hence, the user name DWavs.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
DWavs said:
Mine was given to me when I first got online in 1995.

I used to chat in a program called Powwow and it would allow up to 8 people in the chat box. I developed a close knit group if 4-5 people that I chatted with on a daily basis.

For those of you that remember Powwow, it had a feature that allowed you to click a button and play a sound wav and everybody would hear it as long as the wav was on their hard drive. My favorite one being, "Were you born an asshole, or did you work at it your whole life? Anyway it worked out fine...cause you're an asshole tonite!"

After continously playing numerous wavs many, many, many nights in a row, the close knit group deemed me DWavs: D for David and Wavs for all the sound wavs I would play in Powwow. Hence, the user name DWavs.

Does that mean we should call you DBiteMe?