What's new

Viaje Holiday Blend 2010

klipsch

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
There was no way that the new S&B was the same blend as the OR...At least not to my tastes...

~brooks
Agreed. I've smoked a fair amount of the last S&B's and I can't get my head around it at all. It's nothing like the DC's. I can't figure out what it is. I'll let the rest of em sit and see how they mature. But I'm drinking the kool aid on the HB Petite Robo's. I missed these last year and I love that size. I hope they come in boxes of 30.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
But it is my understanding that most of the Viaje LEs are NOT limited because of tobacco issues, but simply by marketing choice. Most of the LEs these days are thus. There are exceptions--La Verite, LP#9 Flying Pig, probably Opus & Anejo, and perhaps the S&B as well, I don't know. But the productions of sticks like the T110 and 50/50 Black and Exclusivo could be significantly higher should the manufacturers so choose ... Tobac. Trop. and Oliva have a ton of leaf.

And although crop-to-crop things will differ, most good cigar makers seem to be able to make their lines pretty consistent year after year. Though of course you'll always have some variation and errors with hand-made products.
All of these points are well made and valid.

Again, we see that Viaje CAN make a stellar stick...I just wish they'd create a stellar, consistent stick for the reg production line.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Shout out to New Havana. These will be up today. Thank you Dan. You are the poop!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So I am not wanting something the company doesn't offer...I am wanting them to put as much emphasis and therefore quality into the lesser priced, reg production as they do the LE's. This way I can buy as many boxes as I want of something good in the reg line, not worrying that it's just a limited run, never to be found again.
so you want them to spend more time, money, and resources on a product that makes them less money? please don't start a cigar company for your own sakes...

and remember, viaje is a boutique brand.

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked up my box of petite robustos at lunch. Two things:

1. Wrapper is much darker than last year
2. The torp is the same length as the robusto from last year

Farani - he didn't open any boxes for single sale. He's waiting to see if all boxes are picked up. I'm hanging in there for you.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I can't pull the trigger on these. No funds for them right now. These would be a great way to break my viaje cherry too! Damn.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Picked up my box of petite robustos at lunch. Two things:

1. Wrapper is much darker than last year
2. The torp is the same length as the robusto from last year

Farani - he didn't open any boxes for single sale. He's waiting to see if all boxes are picked up. I'm hanging in there for you.
Thanks a lot man! I actually got some this morning from NHC, though, so I'm more than good now. I truly appreciate it.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
BTW, yall, if you want more then a sampler, I just made an order from Empire cigars in NC...they have about 4 boxes of each vitola, will ship, and will sell boxes...Just ask for Hal, and tell him I sent you :)

Hope that helps!

~brooks

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
BTW, yall, if you want more then a sampler, I just made an order from Empire cigars in NC...they have about 4 boxes of each vitola, will ship, and will sell boxes...Just ask for Hal, and tell him I sent you :)

Hope that helps!

~brooks
Dang wish I woulda known sooner! I've essentially got a mixed box of half and half now, maybe that's better. Thanks for the heads up brooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk