What's new

Videos

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Judi Franco drives me nuts ... and not in a good way. The vain ditz act prolly played better 40 years ago, before she got her dog face.

This guy's method is very unique. With leaves that damp I wouldn't think it would draw worth a crap. Dry down tight as a tootsie roll.

but ... What do I know.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can't wait to binge on these videos this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At an average length of 3 seconds, there's less than 1 minute of total binge-ing there.

If you want to put in some hours, these Tabanero vids on bunching, wrapping, and capping are the definitive long-form cigar rolling videos, IMHO. I have watched each one at least 5 times:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At an average length of 3 seconds, there's less than 1 minute of total binge-ing there.

If you want to put in some hours, these Tabanero vids on bunching, wrapping, and capping are the definitive long-form cigar rolling videos, IMHO. I have watched each one at least 5 times:

Man I noticed that hah but going backwards through this forum I found some of yours that kept the binge going too bro. No problem feedin the habit there.
The close up on the Cuban triple cap video was awesome but that still seems impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi b, just watched your "casing" video.

Firstly, I know this word when I smoke pipe, it probably means topping, flavoring or like adding flavor? I looked up in dictionary and didn't get a clear answer..

Secondly, do you soak the wrapper in pure water or something else? Is it also helpful to stretching the leaf to be flat?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi b, just watched your "casing" video.

Firstly, I know this word when I smoke pipe, it probably means topping, flavoring or like adding flavor? I looked up in dictionary and didn't get a clear answer..

Secondly, do you soak the wrapper in pure water or something else? Is it also helpful to stretching the leaf to be flat?
Hi TT,

Thanks for asking, good questions. First off, I want to apologize for not sending that Criollo wrapper leaf yet: I totally spaced it. OTOH it's shitleaf that will fuck up your blends, so I don't feel too bad. :woot:

1. With cigar tobacco casing can mean some different things: putting moisture into the cells of a leaf so that it becomes soft and flexible for rolling purposes. It can also mean putting flavors into it; and it can typically mean a mix of those two things. So like water with some stuff in it, vanilla,rum, pineapple, etc. Commercial cigarettes are "cased" with several thousand flavorings, burn agents, and addictants.

2. Maybe you saw my "speed casing" video where I dunk a leaf into a bucket of water. I was just demo'ing a way that it is sometimes done. In that case it is just pure water. I normally don't do it that way. I prefer my leaf to never become wet or even damp: I like to spritz my leaf lightly and put it into a plastic bag where it eventually becomes "fluffy" and soft and flexible. So I very lightly spritz and bag, sometimes a few times if necessary. I want all my leaf to always be dry but at the correct level of flexibility, meaning I've put just enough moisture onto the leaf to plump its cells, but no more. So the "speed casing" video is just showing a different technique from the one I usually use. It is used in a few of the factories in Havana.

The reason I don't want my leaf to ever become wet/damp/moist is: wet leaf loses stretchability, in my experience. "Fluffy" leaf is very stretchable, strong, and lays down beautifully. Also, wet or moist wrapper can lead to warped sticks when the wrapper dries.

3. I often use a little something in my casing water, like vanilla, pineapple, rum, stuff that has been traditionally used by Cuban rollers for hundreds of years.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi TT,

Thanks for asking, good questions. First off, I want to apologize for not sending that Criollo wrapper leaf yet: I totally spaced it. OTOH it's shitleaf that will fuck up your blends, so I don't feel too bad. :woot:

1. With cigar tobacco casing can mean a few things: putting moisture into the cells of a leaf so that it becomes soft and flexible for rolling purposes. It can also mean putting flavors into it; and it can typically mean a mix of those two things. So like water with some stuff in it, vanilla,rum, pineapple, etc. Commercial cigarettes are "cased" with several thousand flavorings, burn agents, and addictants.

2. Maybe you saw my "speed casing" video where I dunk a leaf into a bucket of water. I was just demo'ing a way that it is sometimes done. In that case it is just pure water. I normally don't do it that way. I prefer my leaf to never become wet or even damp: I like to spritz my leaf lightly and put it into a plastic bag where it eventually becomes "fluffy" and soft and flexible. So I very lightly spritz and bag, sometimes a few times if necessary. I want all my leaf to always be dry but at the correct level of flexibility, meaning I've put just enough moisture onto the leaf to plump its cells, but no more. So the "speed casing video" is just showing a different technique from the one I usually use.

The reason is, wet leaf loses stretchability, in my experience. "Fluffy" leaf is very stretchable, strong, and lays down beautifully. Also, wet or moist wrapper can lead to warped sticks when the wrapper dries.

3. I often use a little something in my casing water, like vanilla, pineapple, rum, stuff that has been used traditionally by Cuban rollers for hundreds of years.
Totally get it!

I watched your previous videos to start my journey, so I only tried spraying and bagging yet. I didn't get satisfactory result(the edge of the wrappers is still curly and difficult to pull flat) may because I should repeat spraying and bagging several times... Will try soaking next time if next batch of leaf is still stubborn.

BTW, just leave the leaf you mentioned last time, my cousin has flied back. Chinese say,“A goose feather sent from thousands of miles away is a present little in size but rich in meaning“.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Totally get it!

I watched your previous videos to start my journey, so I only tried spraying and bagging yet. I didn't get satisfactory result(the edge of the wrappers is still curly and difficult to pull flat) may because I should repeat spraying and bagging several times... Will try soaking next time if next batch of leaf is still stubborn.

BTW, just leave the leaf you mentioned last time, my cousin has flied back. Chinese say,“A goose feather sent from thousands of miles away is a present little in size but rich in meaning“.
If your cousin has flown back, where do I send the goose feather?