What's new

Videos

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a 65" 4k TV and the detail is excellent. You can see the leaf being stretched and removing the vein is very clear what you did. BTW... the detail is also excellent on my 1080P monitor. The trick to seeing the detail close up is going full screen.
Awesome. Thanks for the report. Now I have to figure what's causing those little flashes of horizontal artifaction...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notice how he takes a leaf and holds it like he's making a 'taco'. Lays in a couple of entubado rolls with the ligero in the middle and then rips the bottom off and lays the mangled contents in the taco and repeats the process for the top section. Then rolls the taco into 1/2 leaf of binder.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Notice how he takes a leaf and holds it like he's making a 'taco'. Lays in a couple of entubado rolls with the ligero in the middle and then rips the bottom off and lays the mangled contents in the taco and repeats the process for the top section. Then rolls the taco into 1/2 leaf of binder.
Standard Nicaraguan "pre-binder" method.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Seems like I was kinda bunching that style back around October, 2015:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some interesting points. Don Collins cigars and the history of cigar tobacco in Puerto Rico.

The thing that caught my attention is the discussion of chemicals sprayed on cigars/tobacco to fumigate them. This seems to be a requirement of customs/FDA regulation for all imported cigars???

Since Puerto Rico is inside America it is NOT required to abide by any import regulations and is not required to spray/fumigate so the cigars arrive at your door without the chemicals.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Some interesting points. Don Collins cigars and the history of cigar tobacco in Puerto Rico.

The thing that caught my attention is the discussion of chemicals sprayed on cigars/tobacco to fumigate them. This seems to be a requirement of customs/FDA regulation for all imported cigars???

Since Puerto Rico is inside America it is NOT required to abide by any import regulations and is not required to spray/fumigate so the cigars arrive at your door without the chemicals.

I found this fascinating. He is promoting the fact that his cigars are more healthy (?) because they don't have chemicals. His description of the irresponsible way other countries use chemicals sounds a bit over-the-top. His explanation of why his cigars are not any more prone to beetle problems seems a little suspicious. Not sure what to think about the whole thing.
The discussion on fumigating starts at 6:00

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been dissecting sticks for a couple years, and during that time--I reuse the leaf from those sticks--I've learned that you can grab any tobacco from any good sticks in any combo, bunch it, light it, smoke it, and it will be a bunch you can be proud of. And in that same time, working my way through the retail leaf, have learned that even a small amount of a bad leaf in any bunch will make a disgusting bunch that makes you want to quit the hobby (waiter delivers your soup with something odd floating in it, "Yeah, I took a crap in your soup, but it's only a small crap.").... and that therefore a free exchange of info about currently available leafs is kinda valuable.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I've been dissecting sticks for a couple years, and during that time--I reuse the leaf from those sticks--I've learned that you can grab any tobacco from any good sticks in any combo, bunch it, light it, smoke it, and it will be a bunch you can be proud of. And in that same time, working my way through the retail leaf, have learned that even a small amount of a bad leaf in any bunch will make a disgusting bunch that makes you want to quit the hobby (waiter delivers your soup with something odd floating in it, "Yeah, I took a crap in your soup, but it's only a small crap.").... and that therefore a free exchange of info about currently available leafs is kinda valuable.
Aka, "this nica seco batch is awesome right now" or "mata fina from 3 years ago was acrid"?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's is hands down the most annoying cigar video ever!

Two yentas that don't even like cigars heckling this poor man. They don't speak spanish and he doesn't speak english yet they keep cackling away asking questions that don't get answered just to hear themselves talk.

"this is gonna be great on you-tube!"