What's new

Videos

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice video Blake, thanks for sharing. My dog even responded, he went from snoring to jumping up and howling and looking out the windows at about 24 to 25 minutes in!
Yeah. If I'd been a bit more conscious I would have stopped, waited, then edited that out. But, ya know, when you're rolling you're in the zone. First time I heard the tape, I was like, "I didn't even hear that when it happened."

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Thanks. Yeah, I had to go plastic. I USED to have a plastic 42, sold it a few years back. But then I needed one again and couldn't find a good wood 42. As soon as I ordered this one, of course, a great wood 42 showed up. Oh well.

This wrapper is Jorge Ecuador CT. I'd say it's the one I'm using these days, most part. The binder in that video is FX Smith Indo Sumatra, which is the binder I'm using these days but sadly am about to run out of.
I feel ya, I'm waiting for a reasonably priced wood Churchill to show up, my current 48 is beat to hell

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow 77 is really good... You think it'll be the one pictured?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I do. I have four molds from this dude and they are the ones that were pictured and they are the best molds I have. He has premium shit. Tell him Blake said he's the best. ;)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks. I got my first mold before I got my first leaf.
huh sounds like something I'd do!
the video was great - I've been devouring "how tos" when I haven't had time to practice rolling and I picked up a few things from there that I liked. thanks again!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
huh sounds like something I'd do!
the video was great - I've been devouring "how tos" when I haven't had time to practice rolling and I picked up a few things from there that I liked. thanks again!
Before I ordered my mold and leaf, I spent several months watching rolling videos while my gf slept. I'd slow'em down, make screenshots, roll in my head with my eyes closed, practice with dowels and newspaper. By the time the stuff arrived I had it nailed.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm a robusto fan so Ive been keeping an eye out for molds in the 50-52 ring gauge size - those churchills at 48 look super tempting
Luis (Hondurascrafts) often has good 52s. 50s are a bit more rare because everyone wants to make robustos and toros. My 50, which I got from Martinez Cigars in NYC, is super ratty with only 5 or 6 fully decent slots. But I love it. It's got tons of soul. He sent it to me for $10 to cover postage.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Luis (Hondurascrafts) often has good 52s. 50s are a bit more rare because everyone wants to make robustos and toros. My 50, which I got from Martinez Cigars in NYC, is super ratty with only 5 or 6 fully decent slots. But I love it. It's got tons of soul. He sent it to me for $10 to cover postage.
Those guys in NY are awesome, I'd love to visit them someday.

Yeah I grabbed a 52 toro as well, figured I could make some magicos ;)
So I'll have essentially every size mold I would ever want:
42, 48, 52, 52 torpedo x 2 opps (oh and those 32 torpedoes :p )
I think I have a perfecto mold somewhere too....

Speak of which... If someone wants my old 48 mold, it's a bit beat up, but it would be perfect for a new guy!!
Hermosos No. 4 are by far my favorite size to roll.