What's new

Villiger just lost my business

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
They are moving to Miami to setup shop in a better port area. I'm waiting for the next announcement that they are done pursuing the American Market. While I'm sure that is the smart thing to do businesswise, I think they are going to have to learn the hard way.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
http://halfwheel.com/villiger-dismisses-majority-of-u-s-staff/101283

You don't fire people when they are far from home and cancel the corporate credit card leaving the employee scrambling to get home. I get it that companies fire employees but you don't leave them stranded...unless they were stealing or something.
IMO this was a douche move on the part of Villager but it's really not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I travel for a living which includes both flying and driving. If my boss were to let me go and cancel my corporate card the worst that I would be out is a tank of gas ($30) to get home if I were driving. If I was flying somewhere my airplane ticket would have been bought and paid for in advance so I would still be able get home without any additional costs.

The only other costs that I might potentially get "stuck" with would be a hotel room or rental car but I can't imagine that Villager wouldn't reimburse their employees for those expenses if they simply asked for reimbursement.

I'm certainly not condoning what they did but don't think it's as bad as its being portrayed. Actually it's more of a "salt in the wound" thing than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using that TapaTalk thingy

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I smoked some oddly rectangularly shaped exports of theirs once. Weird European machine made "cigars." Completely uniform all the way through. It was like they were made of tobacco pulp and sawdust.