What's new

Vintage DE Razors

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So I have aquired a couple vintage DE Razors. now what? Does anyone have suggestions on how to restore these or what blades to start with? I'm assuming I shouldn't use the vintage blades.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Nice pick-up!

I think there used to be a brother who restored vintage handles? Not sure.

There is probably plenty of discussion about this over at BadgerandBlade.com (They are kinda like BOTL, but for wet shavers)

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Like Sean said check out B&B for more detailed info. Those appear to be open/close models so the first thing is does the mechanism work still?

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can buy a blade sample pack from tryablade.com
Also a good shaving brush and shaving cream/soap will make your shaves much more enjoyable.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I honestly haven't touched them yet. Maybe a project for the next couple weeks. We just sold our house and moved into a rental so it's been kind of crazy in my world. That and i haven't shaved for a solid couple months. I've been told i need to shave for an upcoming wedding so that may be a good excuse to get at these.

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I honestly haven't touched them yet. Maybe a project for the next couple weeks. We just sold our house and moved into a rental so it's been kind of crazy in my world. That and i haven't shaved for a solid couple months. I've been told i need to shave for an upcoming wedding so that may be a good excuse to get at these.
pm me your address and I'll send you some nice blades to pair with those razors

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
pm me your address and I'll send you some nice blades to pair with those razors
That would be amazing, kind of going at this blind (which can't end well when shaving). I tried to PM you but the site won't let me start a conversation with you

jkittle99

Josh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i didnt know there were so many fellow DE shavers out here. I'm a B&B member myself, although I don't get over that way too often these days. Some nice looking razors, have fun and experiment!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Shaved this morning with this razor and an Astra blade. No nicks but I need to work on my angle. Shave is not as smooth as I'd like.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Glade to see other wet shavers on here. I got into it a couple months ago and I'm pretty well hooked. I started with a Merkur 34C, then bought a vintage SuperSpeed. This weekend I ordered my first (and second) straight razor.

I would absolutely agree with Xavier Dredo about the multiple passes. I typically do two, one with the grain and one across the grain. Many guys do a third pass against the grain, but I find that irritates my skin too much.