What's new

Wasp nest on balcony (my smoking spot)

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Are you seeing any wasp activity on the shade this morning? If not, does the shade happen to get a lot of sun when you notice the wasps on it? It's possible there is a large nest nearby and the wasps are using the shade as a spot to warm themselves up.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
hmm that is possible. no activity in the mornings. i'm not home to see what it's like during the afternoon.

This morning I sprayed it really well, I don't have an angle to get it where it needs to be, but where I sprayed, a few flew out and just dropped dead. I proceeded to just completely soak the shade. I'll check it out tonight when I get home. five flew out and died in total. really big wasps too.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So Jim, are they all dead? I have been following this closely :)
hahah I don't know man. I'm afraid to unroll the shade!

I've hit it a few times with a broom stick while indoors lol! Surely they would fly out after that I think. Nothing has flown out after banging on it a few times...

I think tonight it may be time to man up and unroll that bitch to see what happens....

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
hahah I don't know man. I'm afraid to unroll the shade!

I've hit it a few times with a broom stick while indoors lol! Surely they would fly out after that I think. Nothing has flown out after banging on it a few times...

I think tonight it may be time to man up and unroll that bitch to see what happens....
Maybe they just had a family reunion and now they all headed home!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Sounds like you gottem. Are they red or black? I am not allergic and kill at least 1 nest a year. They will nest when it's dark. I just put a cup or two of gasoline in a metal bowl and dowse the nest when they are on it. They just drop!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Good work man. I'd recommend keeping the shade unrolled for awhile so any leftover wasps don't come back.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I dropped a log on a yellow jacket nest weds went to pick it up and they appeared out of nowhere. Got stung 3times on my hand. It swelled up like the hulk two days later almost back to normal fml