What's new

Watch Geeks?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I'm thinking of getting a new everyday work watch. I do home inspections so I will need a watch with countdown timer, stop watch, compass. I was thinking sunnto core or the Casio prw-3000. Does anyone have either one of these and what are your opinions on them? Any help would be much appreciated.
Sunnto Core not very robust for real daily beating like a G-Shock, etc. IMHO. I was impressed with all specs, it arrived, wore for a week and flipped the Core as was not impressed.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Sunnto Core not very robust for real daily beating like a G-Shock, etc. IMHO. I was impressed with all specs, it arrived, wore for a week and flipped the Core as was not impressed.
you didn't like the sonnet core? good looking out I was going to pull the trigger on one......

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you didn't like the sonnet core? good looking out I was going to pull the trigger on one......
For me no, did not care for Sunnto Core. Easy enough to flip, think I lost $25 all said and done. It's not very "substantial" construction wise, very under whelming IMO. I would try one on locally before buying online. I have and have had a lot of watches over the years. This one sticks out as one of the most/more disappointing to me. Granted, besides my G-Shocks and a Breitling Super Quartz, I am strictly an automatic guy.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Clint, can you recommend one? I'm in the market. Would like one that holds at least two pieces, though - like cigars - I figure buying something bigger the first time around would be a wiser choice.

I run this 6-bay Wolf with a fold down glass front, but it's either knockoff or gray market 'cause I paid around $400 not $1200. Served me well for years though, and classy as fuck IMO. They make singles, duals, quads, and octals as well. Check out jomadeals.com (I think, or just search for Joma) if you're not in a rush, wait for them to show up as a deal of the day there. But, that could be 2 weeks or six months. Never know.
I had 6-8 cheap single units before this, but the motors got loud and I didn't like having them in my room.
If I ever see any other deals I'll post up...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm not a watch geek, but wanna give a shout out to Shinola. Company right here, makes em in Detroit. Clinton came here expressly to buy one. Anyone have one? Feedback appreciated.
I have the 41mm Runwell Chrono Contrast 5030. Nice looking watch, not too big, easy to wear. Normally prefer mechnical movements, but the price was right (eBay, right after xMas) to justify a Quartz buy. Plus, it was built in the D (like to tells folks the '8' stands for Eight Mile Rd.)
image.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Another Detroit-based watchmaker is the Detroit Watch Co. They have mechnical movements. Great looking pieces, and love the Detroit reference (1701). I might need to reallocate some funds from the cigar budget.

http://detroitwatchco.com
That is a nice looking watch. Would rather see the Miyota 9015 in it for that price point. Very handsome watch indeed.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That is a nice looking watch. Would rather see the Miyota 9015 in it for that price point. Very handsome watch indeed.
Interested to see DWC 313 Series and 39mm releases this year (44mm is too big IMO).

I have a general understanding of watchmaking but not enough about specific calibration. What's the diff between the 9032 vs 9015?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interested to see DWC 313 Series and 39mm releases this year (44mm is too big IMO).

I have a general understanding of watchmaking but not enough about specific calibration. What's the diff between the 9032 vs 9015?
The site says they are using 810A. I'm saying 9015 is Miyotas better movement.