What's new

Watch Geeks?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Woke up this morning and sent that guy a counter offer on the Bora Bora. The Russian Raketa engine would kick ass in there....

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm late to this party! Fellow budding watch geek here! So far have a collection of 7 Invicta's and 1 Android. My Uncle got me hooked on the madness of watch collecting. And for some reason, always get hooked on the more expensive hobbies in life!!!!

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've always had a thing for watches even as a kid. I was mostly into fossil watches or anything that had a cool art deco look to it. 2 years ago my fiancé woke me up with this on my birthday :) She's a keeper! It has really cool pin stripes on the face that match my dress pants. Ill have to try to get a better picture later on

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's my little collection:

There are a few more someplace; but the wife was rearranging and I don't see where she put them.
Always liked a nice watch, but a good friend introduced me to Shop NBC & their wide array of nice timepieces! And if you can't tell I like the Invictas (IMO, nice quality for a decent price!
I really love a nice automatic, but $ puts me in the situation to buy a Quartz version of a lot of styles. Plus certain styles don't offer an auto.
The Bulova was my Dad's & IMO a beautiful, simple, elegant timepiece.
My dream watch right now is one of IWC's minute repeaters.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I really like blue watches. Always wanted a rolex datejust II with a blue or black dial but its out of my watch budget til the kids get done with college lol The tag alter ego might be mine in a few years though! My better half picked me up another bulova for valentines day. Some chiropractor got it from a family member and didn't like it. Was never even worn got it for next to nothing! Ill post a pick later

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I really like blue watches. Always wanted a rolex datejust II with a blue or black dial but its out of my watch budget til the kids get done with college lol The tag alter ego might be mine in a few years though! My better half picked me up another bulova for valentines day. Some chiropractor got it from a family member and didn't like it. Was never even worn got it for next to nothing! Ill post a pick later
Those are the best kind of deals !

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would highly encourage any Invicta collectors to go on WatchUSeek, specifically the dive watch forum. Learn about some of the insane micro brands. MUCH more watch for the money. Such as sapphire crystal, automatic movements, and better QC by a country mile.
Don't take that the wrong way or a slam on your watches. I have been into watches for a very long time. Invicta is great as it gets people into watches, then you realize there is a whole crazy world you never knew existed! Cheers!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
out of my watch budget til the kids get done with college lol
I can relate to that! I get a 2 yr break when my oldest graduates college in May!
I would highly encourage any Invicta collectors to go on WatchUSeek, specifically the dive watch forum. Learn about some of the insane micro brands. MUCH more watch for the money. Such as sapphire crystal, automatic movements, and better QC by a country mile.
Don't take that the wrong way or a slam on your watches. I have been into watches for a very long time. Invicta is great as it gets people into watches, then you realize there is a whole crazy world you never knew existed! Cheers!
I'm a member but have been on in a while! Maybe I need to go pay a visit.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
oh no! not another slippery slope.... my better half is going to strangle me if I spend anymore time on the fourms!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
oh no! not another slippery slope.... my better half is going to strangle me if I spend anymore time on the fourms!
You have no idea. Just going to that site one time will cost your wallet. There are so many cool watches you never knew existed, it's mind blowing. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after first visit!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just for fun, some brands that are putting out killer watches and awesome values. Best part is when you communicate with them it is the owner you are dealing with. Get them on pre-order and save a ton too. I could name another endless brands!
Helberg - pick all your own options, could of got this one $150 less on pre-order, closed last week. http://www.h2o-watch.com/helberg-ch8-pre.html?___store=en&___from_store=de
Makara - bronze rocks! Can still pre-order this for $295! http://www.makarawatches.com
Real world pics of watch http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/official-makara-sea-turtle-affordable-bronze-pre-order-giveaway-thread-1083004.html
Helson - Bronze is all the rage right now, patina is badass. http://www.helsonwatch.com/watches.php
Benarus - http://www.benaruswatches.com
Armida - http://www.armidawatches.com

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Yeah, Invicta is kind of like the Gurkha of the watch world. They mass produce everything that has any element of popularity, and it gets a lot of people in to the hobby, but once you really get in to it you can see the lack of substance. But it's all a progression down another slippery slope. Pretty soon you'll be telling yourself $2k is a fair price for a quality watch and it's worth saving up for when you're currently happy with the $120 copy. I've already been through it!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, Invicta is kind of like the Gurkha of the watch world. They mass produce everything that has any element of popularity, and it gets a lot of people in to the hobby, but once you really get in to it you can see the lack of substance. But it's all a progression down another slippery slope. Pretty soon you'll be telling yourself $2k is a fair price for a quality watch and it's worth saving up for when you're currently happy with the $120 copy. I've already been through it!
Yep, slipery is right. When I was back for your wedding and we stopped at your place quick I was checking out you collection and that spinning display and thought it was a nice setup. I thought wait no, cant start another hobby. Not enough dinero!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like that makara bronze. Ive never seen a bronze watch before. Prices aren't bad at all. I like how they keep production low. Keeps it exclusive

this guy is stupid cheap and quality probally matches but Im digging the look
http://www.dkmaccessories.com/watches/bora-acrylic-watch/
Personally, I stopped buying "throw away" watches years ago. Look great, for a bit and that's it. Ever notice how the crystal scratches? That is because they are using mineral crystal and not the more expensive sapphire. Notice "higher" end well known brands last generations without a scratch on crystal, that's sapphire. Now you can get affordable watches with sapphire in the wake of micro-brands.

I ordered a bronze Makara pre order Sea Turtle. Hoping they ship end of this month! You can not beat the price.
-CusN8 bronze (not brass)
-Double domed sapphire crystal (not gimmicky flame fusion Invicta) Sapphire will not scratch (only diamond like hardness can) Invicta is basically mineral crystal, ughhh.
- Automatic movement (not a great one, but better than Quartz)
- bronze watches are very cool as the patina makes no two alike
- comes with two straps
- the price is stupid low, not sure how he is even making money

JUST MY OPINIONS...

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Well men.... I pulled the trigger. Here she is:

pam1.jpg fpam2.jpg

Just purchase a Panerai Pam 000. I was trying to decide between a couple different Panerais (000, 005 and 112) and a Breatling Bentley 6.75. I went to the store and tried em all on and this thing the fit like a glove and I knew that was it. I am really hoping this doesn't start a whole other slippery slope but I have a feeling I know what is coming hahaha

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
That's gorgeous! I love the simplicity but well refined look. When I saw the first pic I though it looked like something from the mall but then I scrolled down and saw that the white was a cover for shipping hahahha lol.