What's new

Watch Geeks?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I'm a citizen guy. They've got some nice trendy stuff that doesn't break the bank. Plus my jeweler buddy gives me good prices.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I'm a citizen guy. They've got some nice trendy stuff that doesn't break the bank. Plus my jeweler buddy gives me good prices.
citizen makes some fantastic watches. I still plan on picking up a Citizen Campanola when I find the one I want but it is discontinued. Think their temp compensated high accuracy quartz movement may be the most accurate movement in current production.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Armida A4 and Oris Small Seconds Diver

How do you like the oris? I love the piece and it looks gorgeous but the integrated lugs might get to me after a while. I'm a NATO guy and very rarely a bracelet fan. Unless of course the bracelet is superb.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Armida A4 and Oris Small Seconds Diver

How do you like the oris? I love the piece and it looks gorgeous but the integrated lugs might get to me after a while. I'm a NATO guy and very rarely a bracelet fan. Unless of course the bracelet is superb.
I'm a bracelet first guy and love the Oris. But I do also enjoy switching to leather, natostraps, and rubber. There are strap makers out there who make leather straps custom to fit the Oris so I will get one made at some point.

The Lume is below averagea but I love everything else about the watch. The movement is running +2/3 seconds per day so I'm happy with that too.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
47   0   0

I have more natos than watches. And ten times more natos than leathers. Then again I used to run the natostrapco Instagram and fb and got paid in straps lmao

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
[
The Lume is below averagea but I love everything else about the watch. The movement is running +2/3 seconds per day so I'm happy with that too.
Lume pic!
Can't be worse than the BBA
OMG. That was the biggest POS watch. Bernhardt can eat one. Lume was so awful it might as well have been non existent. The lugs were way too shallow and the bar or whatever on them made anything but the bracelet look ridiculous. And the bracelet wasn't even nice. So glad I was able to flip it without losing money. The only thing that watch had going for it was the second hand...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[
Lume pic!
Here's one with it fully charged. Lume pics can be deceiving but this about what it looks like when gets proper light. It does not maintain this brightness for long though. It's viewable hours later in the dark but in comparison to other watches with good Lume, this one falls short though I expected this before purchase as light orange Lume is pretty low on the brightness scale (see below).

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A recent pic. I have a few others as well :halfgrinw More have come and gone than ever stayed as the rest of you WIS know. LOL.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have a Citizen Ecodrive and have been wearing it for more than 10 years now. Somehow the timing feature second hand has migrated from the 12 o'clock position when not being used to about the 4 o'clock position. I might see about getting it fixed. I like watches but I haven't really been in a position to spend money on them while I was in college. Now that I'm a working man I might have money to get a watch or two for myself.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
A recent pic. I have a few others as well :halfgrinw More have come and gone than ever stayed as the rest of you WIS know. LOL.

Nice. I never got into bronze but Helson divers look great.

I'm a WIS (= watch idiot savant) as well. Collection is fairly manageable now, though I have two project watches coming soon, a Chinese tourbillon and a classic movement refurbished into a new watch for another forum.

The pride of my collection is my OKEAH, a reissue of a Soviet military chronograph.